Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happened at 6 AM August 1, in Penn Station. And this is only getting reported on a week after it happened, but only on second tier and specialized media. Crickets from the MSM when it happened as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
When there is no respect for law enforcement by many "leaders" in our country, when men and women in law enforcement are vilified, and when support of police is drawn along political lines, this is the result.

·
Premium Member
4,783 Posts
When there is no respect for law enforcement by many "leaders" in our country, when men and women in law enforcement are vilified, and when support of police is drawn along political lines, this is the result.
I have stopped using the term "leader".
They do not lead me, they are my elected representative and are supposed to work for me and respect me.
We are just too ignorant to realize we can fire them.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Why didn't he shoot them?

·
Premium Member
4,783 Posts
Why didn't he shoot them?
Cops are afraid to pull their weapons in today's climate. Even if they survive the encounter they will be fired, arrested possibly wind up in prison. lose their home, family and reputation. This will get a lot of them killed. That hesitation to engage. I think a lot will just leave the profession.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Once the officer is taken to the ground by mutiple assailants he is in clear danger of being seriously injured. The gloves need to come off and his attackers should start receiving serious injury of their own. I understand it's not PC but justice is supposed to be blind, not stupid!

·
Premium Member
7,435 Posts
I have stopped using the term "leader".
They do not lead me, they are my elected representative and are supposed to work for me and respect me.
We are just too ignorant to realize we can fire them.
You said it right there! BUT IN ADDITION, people do not take a few minutes to check the FACTS behind the twisted lies that are printed on glossy cardboard and delivered to our mailboxes every day. So the bad guys get elected. This is also ignorance and/or laziness!

Yesterday was election day and the really low grade, lying "stop at nothing" guy (who ran a totally dirty campaign) won the primary election over the honest, straightforward, decent guy. This was for a SIX YEAR term in the US Senate! We continue to slide further down the hill. Yes, there is a general election in November and I will be forced to vote for this rotten buzzard because I can NOT vote for a democrat. But the buzzard will become a democrat-voting slug as soon as he wins and gets to the senate. This is a given.

·
Registered
35,987 Posts
Doubt it, just getting off his shift. When my dad was on the force years ago all off duty cops carried.
Probably overwhelmed or maybe now they are afraid to pull a gun on thugs. Look what happens to them when they do.
Gonna get a lot of good cops killed.
My dad did a lot of things I would never do--and vice versa.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Once you are taken down to the ground by multiple assailants it is usually too late to pull your firearm.
I would not have waited. They did a minor assault to him before he told them he was a cop. The major assault took place after he told them he was a cop. For me, the gun would have come out as I told them I was a cop. The next move would have been up to them.

And if you have ground fighting skills, there are ways to create space to draw when you are under attack on the ground.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You said it right there! BUT IN ADDITION, people do not take a few minutes to check the FACTS behind the twisted lies that are printed on glossy cardboard and delivered to our mailboxes every day. So the bad guys get elected. This is also ignorance and/or laziness!

Yesterday was election day and the really low grade, lying "stop at nothing" guy (who ran a totally dirty campaign) won the primary election over the honest, straightforward, decent guy. This was for a SIX YEAR term in the US Senate! We continue to slide further down the hill. Yes, there is a general election in November and I will be forced to vote for this rotten buzzard because I can NOT vote for a democrat. But the buzzard will become a democrat-voting slug as soon as he wins and gets to the senate. This is a given.
What was your percent of voter turnout?

·
Premium Member
7,435 Posts
What was your percent of voter turnout?
I just tried to find out, but too many web sites are blocked anymore and won't let you view anything unless you turn off your ad blocker. It looks to me like there was a big turn out though. One of the main problems, as I see it, was the THIRTEEN other people who ran in the Republican primary with absolutely no chance of winning, but a sure bet to siphon votes off of the good guy. Maybe some votes off of the bad guy also, but it made for a very unstable voting field.

People could have fairly easily checked all of those lies that came printed on glossy card stock, but I bet there were very, very few who did. "People get the government they deserve" came to my mind.

Reactions: jmf552

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Once you are taken down to the ground by multiple assailants it is usually too late to pull your firearm.
I agree, but I was actually thinking of weaponless techniques that can be used to take down and disable opponents while you are on the ground.

Reactions: jmf552
1 - 20 of 20 Posts