Defensive Carry banner

Off-Duty NYPD Officer Beaten By Teens After ID'ing Himself As Cop

893 views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Hoganbeg 
#1 · (Edited)
Happened at 6 AM August 1, in Penn Station. And this is only getting reported on a week after it happened, but only on second tier and specialized media. Crickets from the MSM when it happened as far as I can tell.

#9 ·
Cops are afraid to pull their weapons in today's climate. Even if they survive the encounter they will be fired, arrested possibly wind up in prison. lose their home, family and reputation. This will get a lot of them killed. That hesitation to engage. I think a lot will just leave the profession.

#12 ·
Once the officer is taken to the ground by mutiple assailants he is in clear danger of being seriously injured. The gloves need to come off and his attackers should start receiving serious injury of their own. I understand it's not PC but justice is supposed to be blind, not stupid!

#16 ·
I would not have waited. They did a minor assault to him before he told them he was a cop. The major assault took place after he told them he was a cop. For me, the gun would have come out as I told them I was a cop. The next move would have been up to them.

And if you have ground fighting skills, there are ways to create space to draw when you are under attack on the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.