Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 year old father has sold his house near Utica, NY.

I am travelling from KY to NY on Friday for about 6-7 days to help him clean things out. He will return to KY to live with me.

No carry where he lives; no internet either where he lives.

I think I'm going to need Xanax!!!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Bill

ps. Part of me wants to open carry, get arrested, and challenge their illegal laws!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
good luck, stay safe.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts

I am travelling from KY to NY on Friday for about 6-7 days to help him clean things out. He will return to KY to live with me.

Bill

ps. Part of me wants to open carry, get arrested, and challenge their illegal laws!!
Not that you are serious but you would be here MUCH longer if you try that. That and you would need some very deep pockets.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

Bill

How'ed you get him to sell. My 87 year old Father-in-Law in Buffalo won't leave the house he's lived most of his life in and won't give away or throw away a thing. My wife and I'd like to clean out his basement and garage before we're too old to be able to do it ourselves but he won't budge an inch. They certainly can be stubborn.:wave:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Be careful and have fun. I know the laws are strange in NY, I heard a lot about the motorcycle laws there as well.

Try and have fun :D

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Stay safe and keep those eyes open and alert!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

Bill

No Internet? Where is he? Up in the Adirondacks, past Old Forge?

I feel for you. I grew up in Utica, which is odd to see it mentioned, by the way. I HATE going back there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Internet? Where is he? Up in the Adirondacks, past Old Forge?

I feel for you. I grew up in Utica, which is odd to see it mentioned, by the way. I HATE going back there.

He lives in a small town called Newport, which is about 20 miles from Utica and about 15 from Herkimer.

When did you live there Arko? I graduated from HS in 1978 (telling my age now!!).

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Stay safe and keep those eyes open and alert!
^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^

God bless him , AND you. He will not regret the move. He needs to be by family, And warmer weather

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them, it is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is ‘needed’ before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents’ interests, I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can." Barry Goldwater

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not certain what the charge would be but if it met felony status and they were able to convict, I believe it would disqualify you from carrying in KY.

·
Registered
94 Posts
this state sucks and I cannot wait for retirement! I will be gone right after I put my paper work into albany

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
You will have a great time! Utica is a nice area. Relax, have fun, go with the flow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts