Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the Hogue grip sleeve made a wonderful difference for me and the little LCP II, that darned finger groove/ridge wasn't working out. Finger grooves just never seem to fit my fingers and I usually end up removing them. The Hogue sleeve with its finger groove was also getting in the way of my draw from a couple holsters.

A 120 grit sanding drum on the Dremel at its slowest speed made short work of the offending ridge. A little finish sanding with finer paper and I'm a happy camper ;)

P1100935.JPG

41+iAXK82FL.jpg

P1100937.JPG

·
Premium Member
7,270 Posts
And it looks ever so much better that way also!

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
LCP's have finger grooves? I must not be paying attention.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
You're still not paying attention. :biggrin2:

Nice neat job de-bumping that Hogue. :yup:

A gun I carry in my pocket as a hail mary play and a back up to larger artillery hardly begs for customization. But smoke 'em if ya got 'em.....and have too much time on your hands.

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A gun I carry in my pocket as a hail mary play and a back up to larger artillery hardly begs for customization. But smoke 'em if ya got 'em.....and have too much time on your hands.
We'll just have to disagree on that point. And a 10 minute modification that improves the efficacy of any of my firearms is a small investment indeed.

·
Administrator
143,466 Posts
Differing points of view...always welcome.
I am for any firearm modifications that allow the firearm to better fit the user.
Even if it's being carried as a B.U.G. a person needs to practice with it.
It might as well not be aggravating or irritating if a "fix" can make it better.
My personal opinion on that.

Carry on. :yup:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
It hit me the other day that I hadn't cleaned my LCP after I returned from the range. So I dropped the magazine and noticed that I was only carrying 5 rounds so after I cleaned and oiled the gun I finished loading up the magazine. Mine carries 8 with the homemade magazine extension and it has two finger grooves below the Hogue grip. I have the old type Hogue grip without the finger grip.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It hit me the other day that I hadn't cleaned my LCP after I returned from the range. So I dropped the magazine and noticed that I was only carrying 5 rounds so after I cleaned and oiled the gun I finished loading up the magazine. Mine carries 8 with the homemade magazine extension and it has two finger grooves below the Hogue grip. I have the old type Hogue grip without the finger grip.
I'd be very interested in seeing pics of your homemade extension. Sounds like quite the fabrication project. Always nice to meet a fellow tinkerer ;)

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
We'll just have to disagree on that point. And a 10 minute modification that improves the efficacy of any of my firearms is a small investment indeed.

If you are carrying this as a primary, totally agree. I've always been a bit on the hesitant side to take a Dremel to my guns as it is irreversible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts