Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fiend in KY emailed me these pics. Officer Ellis's dog saying goodbye. I wanted to share it..........Move if in wrong place

Funeral Ceremony Coffin Event Plant

Reactions: blanco64

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Dogs know.

·
Super Moderator
20,219 Posts
Truly "semper fidelis."

Moving this to Law Enforcement.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wonder sometimes if it's harder on the dog when his master goes than it is on the master when his dog goes. The dog doesn't understand why ...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dogs are smart, they know. It's been nearly three years since I lost my Rottie, Eva, and I still believe she's with me all the time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I wonder sometimes if it's harder on the dog when his master goes than it is on the master when his dog goes. The dog doesn't understand why ...
I think they do understand death, if allowed to actually know their owner died (see/smell, etc) instead of just disappeared.
When my grandpa's dog died, her son grieved for 3 days. My dogs always semed to understand when other pets died.

I'm glad they took the dog to see his master and know what happened to him.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
There are times that when they get the killer and there is no doubt they did it the death penalty needs to be carried out immediately,this BS about sitting on death row for decades is no deterrent,

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
K9 Officer Jason Ellis.

Does anyone know if his dog was with him, at the time of the "ambush"? Am assuming so, but none of the articles seem to indicate yes or no.

If yes, then that photo is likely spot-on: the dog knew, and knows, and is just as sorrowful as he looks in that pic.

There are times that when they get the killer and there is no doubt they did it the death penalty needs to be carried out immediately,this BS about sitting on death row for decades is no deterrent,
Yup. Mandatory appeal/review, but then immediate carrying out of the sentence. Not just for this sort of crime, but for any sort of capital crime heinous enough to be classified "capital" in nature. Absolutely. Every time.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That hurts. Especially having lost 3 dogs of my own. We keep their encased ashes on a mantel at my parents house. I have no doubt in my mind that the GSD in that picture knows his best friend is in that box... and that he's no longer breathing...
Tear Jerker...

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Yep. When one dog of mine died, her daughter just layed next to her..... quietly, until I could move her. She followed my every step and still wanted to lay next to her. She would not eat... for 3 mo's. and I thought I was going to lose her too ..... I had to hand feed her and even then could get her to only eat a little.... due to her grieving. The mother even went to classes with me when I was in college, and everywhere else I went. "pals".

The mother had an illness that came on suddenly, and they said she wouldn't live thru the weekend. She got up at one point, walked over to me..... to be rubbed..... gave me a strange "look" ..... then layed down and was dead. That was it. She was about the age that is typically how long they live, so she did live a full life, just not long enough for me.

My daughter's GS, did the same thing. Was not eating quite right, no signs of anything really wrong though, but we was old. I was keeping a close watch on her ... and one day she got up ... walked over to me for some attention, rubbed her, etc... then walked over to her bed and layed down Something didn't seem right about it ..... realized she didn't seem to be breathing.... checked her, and she was dead.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yep. When one dog of mine died, her daughter just layed next to her..... quietly, until I could move her. She followed my every step and still wanted to lay next to her. She would not eat... for 3 mo's. and I thought I was going to lose her too ..... I had to hand feed her and even then could get her to only eat a little.... due to her grieving. The mother even went to classes with me when I was in college, and everywhere else I went. "pals".

The mother had an illness that came on suddenly, and they said she wouldn't live thru the weekend. She got up at one point, walked over to me..... to be rubbed..... gave me a strange "look" ..... then layed down and was dead. That was it. She was about the age that is typically how long they live, so she did live a full life, just not long enough for me.
...is it ever??:frown:

I can recall a picture my wife texted me that shows the paw of a GSD and it says, "If I could have one wish in the world, it would be that my best friend would live forever."

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Dogs know much more than most people give them credit for. The picture tells the story.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Most animals have more heart than most people believe. I have seen cats morn for another cat or even a parakeet they were close to. Officer Ellis has/had loyal friends both 2 legged and 4. The thin blue line is a little thinner. God speed brother behind the badge.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts