Registered
38,981 Posts
Might as well...

Mongoose2.jpg

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just picked this up today NIB for $399... Radical Firearms RF-15 5.56 with 16" 1-in-7 twist barrel, with free-float one piece 12" forearm. Ambi-safety, and fire control markings "auto/safe/fire" (which is cool even if the auto part isn't functional). Popped an Eotech I had on top just for testing tomorrow... plan on having a 1-6x24 scope on it, and will put a CAA stock saddle on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first attempt at an M4/AR15 build. Just received this PSA carbine sized 15” barrel M4/AR15 Freedom Rifle kit ridiculously inexpensive, mil-spec rifle.going to pick up my empty lower receiver from my FFL on Saturday and away I go with my first build. Side note also picking up a Heritage Rough Rider cowboy style revolver comes with 2 cylinders 22LR and 22Mag, cant wait to plink with it, got my backyard range ready to go, hope weather is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice AR collection....I aspire to be like you...are they all builds?
Thanks,
All hand builds except my a M&P 15T, which I've setup for long range competition due to it having a 5R heavy barrel.
All 5.56, except for one in 300 Blackout (not pictured)
3 of them (2 not pictured) are near identical clones for competition.
Most are built on Aero Lowers, a 3 are built on magnesium lowers.
I built 2 to resemble the M16 and M4 to complete my US military collection through 1899.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
About four years ago I built my first custom AR-15 with the idea that I was going to "reach out and touch" with the 5.56/.223 round so I put together a 20" rifle with M4 stock.

I quickly learned that long range shooting isn't quite my area of expertise nor interest when it comes to shooting rifles. 200 yards and closer is about my preference.

I swapped the upper receiver on my one and only custom AR build and made it into my first mid-length gas system carbine with a complete upper from Aero Precision.

This was at the recommendation of the gun shop I went to as they carry a selection of Aero Precision components. I didn't know much about the brand but seems to be of good quality from the research I've done.

They also talked me into getting a Holosun reflex sight and the accompanying flip-to-side 3x magnifier which for the price point, I didn't think it was bad. I've heard good things them. I probably wouldn't have purchased the magnifier if it didn't flip to the side though. Its there if I ever want to increase accuracy at distance though.

To top it off I added a Magpul MVG and a Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 1.

I'm really looking forward to making this my new go-to defensive carbine.

1081 - 1100 of 1139 Posts