Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im traveling on my MI cpl back home. I stopped at a hotel that had a no gun sign that says "except when authorized by law. Guns are not permitted" what does authorized by law mean valid cpl that is honored by OH?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Bear in mind I am not a lawyer.

But no, that does not include a CHL. It basically refers to LE.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Bear in mind I am not a lawyer.

But no, that does not include a CHL. It basically refers to LE.
I believe a CHL gives you the right to carry "By Law" and has nothing to do with LEO's

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,021 Posts
Unless the sign says "Firearms Not Permitted" or something similar, I assume it does not refer to those allowed to carry by the Ohio Revised Code under the provisions regarding Concealed Handgun Licenses.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Unless the sign says "Firearms Not Permitted" or something similar, I assume it does not refer to those allowed to carry by the Ohio Revised Code under the provisions regarding Concealed Handgun Licenses.
Except the Attorney General's CCW manual says the following:

Signage
The law does not say precisely what language must be on the sign. At a minimum, signs must be conspicuous and inform people that firearms and/or concealed handguns are prohibited. However, the law suggests that the prohibited locations post a sign that substantially says the following:
Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under his control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly handgun or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.

If you see this sign, it means that you cannot bring your concealed handgun inside.

·
Premium Member
37,021 Posts
You and I clearly operate on a differing set of assumptions.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts