Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - just sold a commem' 1911 (1st Cavalry) - but instead of hangin' on to the proceeds, what did I do? --

I succumbed to the temptation of a certain Gary Brommeland (who's he we ask! :silly: ) ..... who is moving on his SIG 220. Oh dear me!! I am so weak willed! And I still got to buy oil for heating too.

Oh well - only live once and hopefully in a few days down the line, will have said piece at which stage (predictably) I'll take pics and post. Guess if I have one SIG, I'd better have another - in a real caliber LOL!!

<banging head on hard object - but too late to instill sense!> :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Folks - Chameleon is referring to my persona on Rohrbaugh forum - in case you wondered!! R9SCarry! LOL.

Euc - I will be posting not only a pic later but hopefully too some first impressions. It'll be my fourth .45acp platform and I think I will like it.

Heck - it might even oust my 226 for carry! Tho unlikely.!

·
Administrator
143,812 Posts
Chris

Smart Move.
All of those extra mags are sure an amazing huge added plus.

Cripes...you buy a pistol from one of the very top holster makers in the United States...and you get no holster wid it? :biggrin:
Did Gary Brommeland "Mexican Carry" that SIG P220 the whole time he had it? :confused: :rofl:

Seriously...Chris "Old Bloke...Old Bean"...Congrats on your new SIG Pistola! Wise Decision. :smile:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congrats Chris!!! Always love hearing about new purchases :)

And that goes double when it's NOT my money flying out of the wallet :)

--oh, I looked at that Sig, but with a 3 month wait time on permits to purchase in NJ... :(

--Jim

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
P95Carry said:
Guess if I have one SIG, I'd better have another - in a real caliber LOL!!
Awww, heck Chris! Everyone knows that SIGs are like potato chips...... You can't have just one!!:banana: :biggrin:

(226, 239, and wanting a 229 :wink: )

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Chris? would you like a P210? I know where there are 2 of em... hehehehe
Bob

·
Super Moderator
13,198 Posts
Chris,

You done good man! I would never think of a man with a Sig 220 as weak! Wise, but not weak.

I have one and think it's a great gun. I like it so well, I have and am considering getting a 220 in 9mm. I'm sure you realize it, but there are some slight differences in the frame and grip of the 220 and 226. A 220's grip is a bit thinner and Hogue wrap around finger groove grips fit my hand perfectly. The same grips on a 226 is a wee bit bigger than I like.

I think the 220 would be my gun of choice to carry, if it weren't for the low capacity (which a 9mm would help with) and I already have five guns I constantly switch between as it is.

I also have a 220 ST with a Langdon speed bump trigger and trigger job. I like both the 220 ST and 220, but I like the 220 the best. In spite of the light weight, I seem to be able to shoot it better than the ST.

It's a good thing you got all those mags, you need 'em to carry enough ammo for a .45. ..........Just kidding guys, I couldn't help myself.

Chris, enjoy! And, go shoot it and tell us what you think! I can't wait!
You shot it yet? ....How about now? ....Now?

P.S.
You know what I'm carrying at this moment? A Sig 226R, but guess in what? You'll never guess - a Fist Inc. belt holster and it's all leather, no snaps, no easy on/easy off. And it's all black of course.

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
just sold a commem' 1911 (1st Cavalry)
I'd love to hear more about this Chris, if you'd have time.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OD - well it is now only a memory but here is one of the pics of it.

It was a wall hanger in a fine display case and was I confess the one concession I have ever made to having a gun and not shooting it!! I now have a bare piece of wall right next to the computer!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I have the P220 ST and the P220 9mm. The 9mm capacity is single stack, so not really many more rounds than the P220 in .45.

I like shooting both and it is a smooth gun. An interesting note is that my P220 mags work in my SA 1911. Don't ask, but it worked just fine.

P228s and P220s work in the same holsters. I have a P228 as well. :biggrin:

-Scott-

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
You got rid of A 1st Cav 1911???????

Bad Chris :chairshot , bad, bad, bad

I wouldn't mind having one of those to hang on my wall.

PM sent

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Thanks Chris,

I misread your post and thought you said "common" 1st Cav.

Had me worried for a minute. :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hehe OD - it was far from ''common'' as you see!
Did The GOLD BULLETS go with the gun?
Sure thing QK!! :rolleyes:

Them WWB Gold ones!!!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Where the picts? Where's the good stuff? Congrats! Must'a forgot what my grandad said, "Carefull, boy, not to sell two things: land and the guns to keep em off."

·
Registered
419 Posts
ANY Sig'll do..! I like 'em all (Least favorite is the P230/P232 types); but they're good too..!

(erh)

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Since this is back up, Chris any chance the guy you traded with would wanna part with that 1st Cav 1911?
Proboly not, but had to ask.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts