Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longtime lurker, finally decided to join the fun so I can occasionally post. I've learned a lot using this site. I've had my CHL for roughly 3 years in Texas and have previously had permits in other states as I've moved around.
Many years ago in Indiana I had a group of teenagers/young adults waving guns at me as they passed me on the road. I was armed, but I slowed down and called the police with their license number when I got to a phone (pre-cell phone). It scared the tar out of me and was the most serious potential incident I have experienced while carrying.
When younger and not carrying I was badly beaten by a group. I didn't end up in the hospital, but I don't plan on allowing that to happen to my family or me in the future and I realize how lucky I was the injuries weren't permanent.

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina.. .

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Welcome, from out here in East Texas!

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! Incidents like you described are even more common today than what they were back then & now you have a family to protect as well as their breadwinner. It would be foolish not to protect yourself.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. :wave:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome from PA. Happy shooting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts