Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sb36 has been introduced to prohibit firearm seizure, forced registration, or bans.

Ohio Bill Prohibits Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration & Potential Ban : Freedom Outpost

I think the best quote from Senator Jordan who introduced the bill was this

"Senator Jordan, in responding to the 1995 interview on 60 minutes with Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), said, “These law abiding Ohioans are not the ones to be scared of, rather it is the politicians who say it is their goal to disarm “Mr. and Mrs. America” that we should fear.”

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
From what I read, I would raise my eyebrows a bit, if the guvnor signed said bill.

That said, and regardless of the consequences, and legality of such state uprisings, I support these state bills, and believe they send a message, and a good one.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Go Ohio!:hand9:

·
Premium Member
34,286 Posts
Senator Jordan is appearing at the local Republican Party HQ Monday night to talk about the bill. I plan on attending.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Almost sounds like the good Govenor may be waffling a triffle.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
That's my state...now if they could only get the "right to work" issue passed!

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
If enough states pass legislation like this, maybe the flake libtards like Feinstein and "Bloomnuts" will get the message! We don't need Washington and we certainly don't need a nanny NY mayor telling us how to live our lives or what is "good" for us!:mad:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he is known to do that at times, i heard somewhere today he is considering throwing his hat in the presidential ring in a few years so.... not sure he should waffle to hard :icon_neutral:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sb36 has been introduced to prohibit firearm seizure, forced registration, or bans.

Ohio Bill Prohibits Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration & Potential Ban : Freedom Outpost

I think the best quote from Senator Jordan who introduced the bill was this

"Senator Jordan, in responding to the 1995 interview on 60 minutes with Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), said, “These law abiding Ohioans are not the ones to be scared of, rather it is the politicians who say it is their goal to disarm “Mr. and Mrs. America” that we should fear.”
Its about time

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Same in Kansas. Going well.

Also bills on :
* if shoot a gun in self-defense the person cannot be charged with a local / city ordinance against discharging a weapon in the city limits.
* Bill that would approve college campus carry .... it's legal now, but a college can prohibit a "student" from carrying or be expelled, which they would not then be able to do.
* Bill that would make it so that carry is allowed even in any public building, unless they have metal detectors, etc. assuring that NO person inside will have a gun (includes Courts, State Office Bldgs, etc).
* Bill that any gun made in Kansas, bought and kept in Kansas , wouldn't be subject to Federal laws
* Even if a school "posts" their building prohibiting Conceal carry and have detectors, etc...... they can legally allow teachers to conceal carry in the schools if the have CC licenses.

Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
I second that. Way to go OHIO!!!

·
Premium Member
34,286 Posts
Tell you all what... Since I am going to see this guy tomorrow night, and since these events are generally poorly-attended, I should have plenty of opportunity to ask questions. If you have anything you would like me to run by him, let me know. Noname, reciprocity with other states will be the first thing I ask him about, particularly with Indiana and Pennsylvania. Another will be gunbuster signs and criminal protection zones. Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Tell you all what... Since I am going to see this guy tomorrow night, and since these events are generally poorly-attended, I should have plenty of opportunity to ask questions. If you have anything you would like me to run by him, let me know. Noname, reciprocity with other states will be the first thing I ask him about, particularly with Indiana and Pennsylvania. Another will be gunbuster signs and criminal protection zones. Anyone else?
Sound like you got all the bases covered bro. Good luck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
He'll sign it. He has signed every pro-gun bill put in front of him so far.

His victory margin in 2010 was razor thin compared to the other Republicans in state-wide races which was due to some gun owners not voting for him because of his 1994 vote for the AWB. He has worked very hard since then to burnish his pro-gun credentials because he knows he is going to need us in 2014 for his reelection.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts