Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohio State student fatally shot at house near campus | The Columbus Dispatch

"An Ohio State University student and a proponent of carrying concealed guns on campus was fatally shot early Thursday at a house near campus.Tarak Andrew Underiner, 20, was found with several gunshot wounds by Columbus police when officers were called to a house on East Northwood Avenue just east of North Pearl Street at 12:30 a.m."

“College campuses and the areas surrounding them present environments rich with potential victims,” Underiner, a member of university’s chapter of Students for Concealed Carry, told a Senate committee. “They’re willing to gamble we’re unarmed and it pays off."

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Be interested in follow-up information on what they find, etc. and the reasons for it. It could have been due to many things. May sound strange, but I could also see an avid anti-gun person doing it.

Reactions: The Old Anglo

·
Registered
808 Posts
Tarak Andrew Underiner, 20, was found with several gunshot wounds by Columbus police
So, he was shot several times by Columbus police?

Or, should it read, Tarak was found by Columbus Police with several gunshot wounds.

Hmm, and I though I butchered the English Language and sucked at grammar. Wait , I do suck and I type with two fingers, but the Author just happens suck more and gets payed to suck more.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
So, he was shot several times by Columbus police?

Or, should it read, Tarak was found by Columbus Police with several gunshot wounds.

Hmm, and I though I butchered the English Language and sucked at grammar. Wait , I do suck and I type with two fingers, but the Author just happens suck more and gets payed to suck more.
Grammatically, the prepositional phrase ("by Columbus police") modifies the verb ("found") not the object ("several gunshot wounds") so it is correct as written.

The sentence is somewhat unusual (using a Germanic parenthetical structure) but it is not incorrect. Your correction would be better.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Grammatically, the prepositional phrase ("by Columbus police") modifies the verb ("found") not the object ("several gunshot wounds") so it is correct as written.

The sentence is somewhat unusual (using a Germanic parenthetical structure) but it is not incorrect. Your correction would be better.
Gotta love it. I always learn something when I come to this site. Throw me down the stairs my shoes, LOL!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

Stop it, make my head hurt.

Very sad, hope they catch who did it.
And at 20, he was too young to legally carry but not own a handgun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts