Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My appointment with the Medina County Sheriff was 11/09/16
Received an envelope from them today, 11/17/16, with the CCW license in it!! :banana:

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
My appointment with the Medina County Sheriff was 11/09/16
Received an envelope from them today, 11/17/16, with the CCW license in it!! :banana:
Did you have to make an Apointment by computer or did you call..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got mine printed same day as application in Stark county. Printed it out right there. Took my dad about a week in Summit and my boss about a week in Medina.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appointment by computer - actually made in October. Nov was the earliest available. Cuyahoga County was even worse!
You can go to a county that borders your own.
Was told by Medina County Sheriff that there is a county that borders them that is cranking them out the same day - but they weren't doing the background checks.

Did you have to make an Apointment by computer or did you call..?

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
My wife and I got our CHLs in Lake County....hers took 20 minutes....mine took 3 days in the mail because NICS was down when I went. In Lake County they do a live scan of your prints and the online check with NICS. If the NICS computer is working it's very quick.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
My wife and I got our CHLs in Lake County....hers took 20 minutes....mine took 3 days in the mail because NICS was down when I went. In Lake County they do a live scan of your prints and the online check with NICS. If the NICS computer is working it's very quick.
Did you have to have an Apointment to renew or just walk in?

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Did you have to have an Appointment to renew or just walk in?
On-line appointment. Mine was the next day because someone cancelled. But my wife had to wait 3 weeks.

Reactions: Haywood

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I was thinking of going to Geauga Co. Any opinions?
Go to Lake County. They issue the most in NE Ohio. If your county borders them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Franklin county Ohio. Back in March when I got my CCW the wait time was six weeks just for the appointment. Plus another month to get the concealed carry license. In Ohio you can get your concealed carry license in the county you live in or any county that borders yours. So I went to Madison county and had license in hand in 10 days.
I called ahead and did not even need an appointment.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Appointment by computer - actually made in October. Nov was the earliest available. Cuyahoga County was even worse!
You can go to a county that borders your own.
Was told by Medina County Sheriff that there is a county that borders them that is cranking them out the same day - but they weren't doing the background checks.
There is a backlog because so many people from other counties are coming here to get them due to their county Sheriff's (e.g. Cuyahoga) dragging their feet.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Reactions: Haywood
1 - 13 of 13 Posts