Defensive Carry banner

Ohio "Turn-Around" Time

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
My appointment with the Medina County Sheriff was 11/09/16
Received an envelope from them today, 11/17/16, with the CCW license in it!! :banana:

Reactions: Rock and Glock
#4 ·
Appointment by computer - actually made in October. Nov was the earliest available. Cuyahoga County was even worse!
You can go to a county that borders your own.
Was told by Medina County Sheriff that there is a county that borders them that is cranking them out the same day - but they weren't doing the background checks.

#5 ·
My wife and I got our CHLs in Lake County....hers took 20 minutes....mine took 3 days in the mail because NICS was down when I went. In Lake County they do a live scan of your prints and the online check with NICS. If the NICS computer is working it's very quick.

#9 ·
Go to Lake County. They issue the most in NE Ohio. If your county borders them.

#10 ·
Franklin county Ohio. Back in March when I got my CCW the wait time was six weeks just for the appointment. Plus another month to get the concealed carry license. In Ohio you can get your concealed carry license in the county you live in or any county that borders yours. So I went to Madison county and had license in hand in 10 days.
I called ahead and did not even need an appointment.

#13 ·
Yes, make an appointment and you will be in-and-out in 30-minutes.

Reactions: Haywood
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.