·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't read it that way.

I read it that the Husband retrieved HIS Handgun and held the Perp while the Ohio woman called 911.

Then she retrieved her handgun and assisted her husband detain him, until the POlice showed UP.

Sensational Headline! But I guess DeJuan needed a ticket back to the land of structure, free food/ TV, air conditioned bedroom, education and saw this as a perfect opportunity to apply for residency at Criminal College.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I'd say 6ft 5 DeJuan with his attempted murder conviction was VERY fortunate to have left that situation without perforations.

Another prison sentence will probably extend the loser's lifespan.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I'd say 6ft 5 DeJuan with his attempted murder conviction was VERY fortunate to have left that situation without perforations.

Another prison sentence will probably extend the loser's lifespan.
Until he gets an early release for being a model prisoner who has been totally rehabilitated.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I think I would have been inclined to restrain and incapacitate him in some way so I could work him over a little with my tactical baton before I called the cops. Some sharp blows to his shins, ribs, crotch and hands would help defuse my anger keep me from to shooting him. You know some painful, but non lethal venting. I don't want any bloodstains in my house.

But that's just me.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have a Pitbull and a German Shepherd sleeping in my room. I would probably have to save anyone who came in uninvited.

My daughter and I came back from hiking on Sunday to find a package between the street and my front door. Apparently the FEDEX guy doesn't like getting too close to the house when the dogs are watching out the window. Smart guy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Generous of them. Lucky how it worked out. If he ran to the living room to get his gun, but they did not know there was a gun there, they might have thought he was merely escaping and likely not have shot him in the back. Then he could have obtained his gun.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sounds to me like the couple did an excellent job. No blood on the carpet, no grand jury proceedings, no civil suit from his relatives that would be crying he just had the wrong house after just getting his act together. Course he may come back when he gets out, if he isn't out already.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
no civil suit from his relatives that would be crying he just had the wrong house after just getting his act together. Course he may come back when he gets out, if he isn't out already.
Self-Defense Immunity Laws | Some States Protect More

I really hate when you guys throw out this civil suit crap. In the location this happened there would be no civil suit. You in Oregon however are fair game.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Not many details, but sounds like they did a great job. Reason #5,347 to have a light on your HD pistol or carbine. ID the subject and give instructions, sounds he complied with them and that's good.

The minute he doesn't and reaches for something, or closes space between us, the situation changes in my mind.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
392 Posts
Castile doctrine or not you walk into my bedroom and you will be suffering from lead poisoning
I have been thinking about sit training and this is one of the reasons: if someone comes into my bedroom at night I'm going to warn them but if they close the gap at all I'm filling them full of HST's. And if they are not armed I will be paying the price as criminals have the right to invade my home at night in my state. I think I need more situational options other than what makes sense to me which is shooting them before they can harm me....

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
679 Posts
He was just trying to turn his life around,can`t wait for that excuse.

Probably just needed to pawn some of the old lady's jewelry so he could by new school clothes.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Castile doctrine or not you walk into my bedroom and you will be suffering from lead poisoning
Always liked that saying...

Especially when complimented with "delivered with a high velocity lead injector"

:hand15:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts