Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salute All
Added S&W CS40 chief special 40cal to the collection:danceban:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Nice! I have a .40 kahr and love the caliber. let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do my 1911 45acp due to ammo shortage here will go on back burner for a while and moving this pup up front found plenty of 40SW ammo here its a late Chrismas present..lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good choice. Hmmm...I couldn't buy even just a box of 45 caliber target shooting ammo from Cabella last Christmas so I went to a place where they still have it -- Adventure Shooting Pro. I thought that was really odd that the guy was trying to sell me the Personal Protection ammo (Winchester) for $27/box of 50s...he said for it will also be good for target shooting. 'Didn't believe him so my young kid and I left the store, went to my favourite store instead.:bier:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get 40SW tgt ammo here all day but try to get 45acp is none exist in tgt ammo ive got a few boxes but not enough to stay proficiant. so I bought for ammo new I would be going this direction so started collecting 40 ammo.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now the next best thing I get to shop for Accessories do these shoes match my eyes!! ..lol Now I sound like wife ACK
Love the smell of new gun holster:}

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new .40... The CS series are great guns, you'll love it... don't forget the range report...

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very nice indeed!.

Not to long ago I also bought a CS40. I absolutely love the CS series. When I have excess cash (Holiday Drain) down the road I would love to purchase the CS9 to complete the Trifecta. I will also post photos.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've been looking at getting a .40 for the same reasons as many others here, ammo availability and cost.

My .45s cost a good penny to buy target ammo for and it's also hard to find. Any time I'm in a Walmart I always look to see if any is there to gauge general availability (even though I usually buy from my local gun shop). I haven't seen a box of .45ACP in a Walmart around here for quite some time.

I've been considering getting a .40 for this and other reasons. As for a 9mm, I'm happy with my S&W 5906 aside from the safety works opposite of how I'd like it too. I don't particularly want another 9mm in my collection though.

I like the look of the EMP, but haven't been able to see one in person yet. As soon as one's around where I can get my hands on it and see how it feels and functions, I'll decide if that'll be my first .40

I've also been considering the M&P based on reviews of it, but want to see a EMP first (1911 style). There several other .40s I've been considering, but I'm not looking for something to replace my Carry gun. My Ultra CDPII fills that role nicely. I just want a nice shooter that I can find ammo for, in a powerful enough caliber to be called on if I ever do decide to.

As for the OP, very nice looking purchase. Please post a range report once you've had some time with it.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Congrats on your new pistola...may your collection continue to grow.:bier::comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Congrats on the new S&W . . . so sweet! :top:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mighty nice! I shoot a glock 27, I like 40cal.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Time for the new gun dance!

:danceban: :danceban: :danceban:

Congrats!

:hand10:^^^^^^FUNNY^^^^^^^^:hand10:

Sometimes in life, situations develop that only the half-crazy can get out of. -LaRochefoucauld

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes Dance I say lol !! But on this one im considering a shoulder holster but havent desided . Want to use it as a summer carry and for my trip to Florida this year .. for those of you that do have one looking for suggestions? saw a commercial for a crossbreed looked like a good choice as well.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
ammo here is hit and miss..but at least at Wal Mart here was a honest shocker...S&W .40 and .45 ACP EXACT SAME PRICES. they had the 100 boxes of WWB in S&W .40 and .45 ACP BOTH were priced at $32. Although I did pick up a 100 box of UMC HP's for $32 also which if you think about it is a great deal on SD ammo. But yes...ammo is still hit and miss around here that day they had everything in stock(and several boxes of everything)...and it was on the shelves for SEVERAL days...then I went back 2 weeks later and all of a sudden down to literally NOTHING again... Ive got a .40 cal and its ok...but to be honest now that I can get .40 and .45 for basically the SAME price...I see no reason not to step "up" to .45....reason I went .40 in the first place is it used to be almost $5 a box cheaper then .45 acp.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts