Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone like to take a stab at the latest addition to the gun safe? Most, probably not but for those who want to give it a shot, here goes with a few hints. Just thought it'd be fun to see if someone here on DC can guess what it is.

1. I'm in CA so you can eliminate anything that's not CA legal. It is legal. That ought to scratch a lot off of the list for you. :tired:

2. It is a rifle.

3. It is larger than 30 but of a common caliber.

4. It is not considered a long range rifle.

5. It is not a semi automatic.

6. It's not commonly seen at the LGS.

7. It does not have "the shoulder thing that goes up."

8. It does hold more than 7 rounds, standard.

I'll leave it at that for now but may give more hints if it won't give too much away. Multiple guesses are welcome and the first one who guesses what it is gets a free emoticon. I'll let this one go for a bit. May the guessin's begin and good luck. :bier:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Am guessing a lever-action rifle. If common caliber over .30, then it's likely a '94 in .30-30, .357mag or .44mag, either Winchester, Marlin or Mossberg.

But, you did say it's not commonly seen at the local shops. So, that sort of blows the contemporary Win/Marlin options. The Mossbergs aren't actually that common, from what I've seen.

If you were a bit off on the "common" caliber statement, then I'd hope you went for something interesting ... like, say, a classic Winchester 1894 .32-40 lever-action. Certainly those aren't commonly seen.

You said it's not considered a long-range rifle and that it's a "higher" capacity type thing, so I'm assuming it's not a "high wall," a .45-70, a Sharps (most anything) or similar type "buffalo" gun.

Hm.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Baby girl, 7lbs 3 oz, 21 inches........ Was I right??? :danceban:

Reactions: mprp

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Baby girl, 7lbs 3 oz, 21 inches........ Was I right??? :danceban:
Now, that'd most definitely hold more than 7 "rounds," standard. A fully-automatic, high-capacity Huggies. Without the thing that "goes up." :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
19,245 Posts
Marlin Model 336 in .35 Remington.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Now, that'd most definitely hold more than 7 "rounds," standard. A fully-automatic, high-capacity Huggies. Without the thing that "goes up." :rofl:
He said "baby girl"...I think you are thinking about a boy.:wink:

Edit:
Oops!

Just had my coffee...I even highlighted the word "without".

Note to self...Drink Coffee then post.

·
8,501 Posts
A phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?

Reactions: RickyD and mprp

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think atctimmy is probably the closest but that's a bit high on the range dontcha think? Probably more like in the 25-30 watt range. 40 watt isn't CA legal. Kidding :smile:

Sap03 So a hint #9 would be that it may be giving away too much of a hint if I were to mention what kind of action it has. <hint hint>

ccw9mm seems to be on the right track but to clear one thing up, it is a common caliber and so the "not commonly seen in the LGS" leans more toward the make, model but not the caliber. So that would be hint #10 I guess, adding to the hint would be that you were right with the .44 magnum part.

I still have to take a picture of it probably later on today so if someone guesses it I'll be able to put up a pic.

Oh, and Crownman, you're pretty close with your guess too. But I let my baby girl out of the gun safe after she finally turned 19. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
ccw9mm seems to be on the right track but to clear one thing up, it is a common caliber and so the "not commonly seen in the LGS" leans more toward the make, model but not the caliber. So that would be hint #10 I guess, adding to the hint would be that you were right with the .44 magnum part.

Oh, and Crownman, you're pretty close with your guess too.
I got it: a Puma/Legacy M-92 in .44mag, probably the 24" octagon barrel, at ~7 lbs.

What'd I win???!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A valiant effort indeed ccw9mm. Actually though, I ended up adding a like new Israeli Arms Timberwolf in .44 mag. It's pump action with a 10 round capacity. I've put up the pic of the 94 32 Win. Special along side the .357 Timberwolf before, but here they are again up against the .44 mag. for a good size reference. Their lengths are very close if you're familiar with the feel of the 94.

Bought this rifle from a longtime friend of the family for $500 and I don't think he has ever shot this thing. Like I said, spanking-new condition and it even came with the original cardboard box and booklet. Not too bad since they seem to be fairly hard to find and especially since it's like new. I've had the .357 pump for some time now and it's very pleasurable to shoot and I'm definitely looking forward to shooting this one. I'm also seeing this new addition .44 mag. as a great little hog or deer hunter too. :yup:

From top to bottom: .44 mag. pump / .357 mag. pump / model 94 32 Win. Special lever.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts