Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok ok, :haha: so this got the best of me. I walked into the store today, looked in the trades drawer, and what do I see? :image035: but a Thunder Ranch Smith Model 21 4 inch BBL and in 44 Spl... UNFIRED with Presentation case and boxes... 675.00 .............soooooooooo what do ya think? should I :hand10: or should I not?:biggrin2:
I know Bud and Euc were looking for one too <snickering cuz i'm such an "evil man">:banana: LOL

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Extremely nice Bob but - seems a lotta greenbacks! I know these things are up there in price but well - guess I'd be thinking of a .44 mag to shoot my spl loads!

Probably an OK investment I guess - unlikely to lose on it but - would you want to shoot it a lot - i wonder when it's that pricey.

Only my humble deux centimes :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time us EST guys were abed - crashing soon!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, I think it's a bit high as well, but I'm not sure about it's pricing in other parts of the Country. I believe it's a 21-3 ......with the infamous key lock to the rear of the frame... I think I remember Bud or Euc mentioning they might want one, so when I saw it, I thought about em.. as J-AK puts it.. I'm such an "evil man"...........I think Gyydup will attest to it as well, as we met today, where he purchased his Ruger 22/45 from me..

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Nope slap it back on shelf if you really want one with the gaudy emblem call cdnn and order one in case with all the goodies for about 100 less there clearing them out since they dont sell...lol

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhhhhhhhh:hand10: That's exactly what I thought.............."too much money " for it......:biggrin2:

I'd entertain the idea of a 396 44 spl <in the 3 inch round butt better.........or the 329PD 4 inch> if I were a brave soul.....
NOW........if it were a Model 58, in 41 Mag....then that would be nice as well.:yup:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Just an "ok" shooter. Not a good investment. You will be lucky to get what you paid for it in 2+ years. The TR stuff does not make the weapon "something special" in most peoples minds. IMO pass on the weapon even at $550. -------

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'd say put it back. A commerative gun like that only holds any big value if it hasn't been fired. And that's no fun! Unless you have cash to blow and an empty mantle, pass and find a much cheaper one that you can shoot.....ALOT. $.02

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup......I put it back on the shelf........only to find 3 older Smith model 29s in the case...........all 6 1/2 inch guns.. one is a 5 screw blue............the others were a blue N series and a nickle N series ...one (the 5 screw) for 375.00 the other two (the N frame S/ns) for 450.00............Such decisions.....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
There ya go Bob - now choosing an N frame well - this sounds more like it :smilez:

I happen to dislike Nickle but a five screw at that price, and if adequate condition - that'd be my buy!! Maybe also the other blued - a 29-2 perhaps - $450 is an OK price.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Too shiny Bud - in the wrong way I guess, for me. Plus don't like plating other than real good hard chrome (satin finish) - and even then I prefer self finish SS or better still - the real old S&W blue.

Not for carry tho I admit - messes it up too much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, you posted re mainenance - that is true perhaps but still - gotta be careful with what you put on it and anyways - too darned shiny!

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Euclidean said:
Then why pretell is it not used on say a Glock?

It requires a different set of cleaning products and you have to know what you're doing. I admit though I'd get a nickel finish if it was on the right gun...

Because its expensive to to do ...

Mostly because of all the EPA crap now a days the cost for a good nickel job has skyrocketed. So it isn't cost effective for the Makers to do anymore

plus Nickeling a glock is like putting ear rings on a pig

All you need to do on a nickel pistol is make sure there are no flaws and if so stay away from copper removing products because under the nickel the gun is copper coated if its a old school gun..

The new stuff I'm not sure how its done now if you have to worry about the same problem ...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
"ear rings on a pig".....dat's tooooo funny!! But....you know,your right, they do need something. (the Glocks) ---------

1 - 20 of 20 Posts