Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but it's all as a joke :)

...saw this on another board...thought it was worth a laugh...

not trying to offend anyone :)

--Jim

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Can''t stir up trouble with me LOL.I have both types.and a lot more too LOL

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Wait a minute "...9mm is for women and pansies..."? Sounds like somebody's mother must have dropped them on their head when they were a baby!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hehe Jim - sure your handle ain't ''fireSTARTER''? LOL!

I like these two lines folks have used in sig lines --

''9mm = .45acp set on stun''

''.45acp - 9mm on steroids"

:biggrin:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris...

I promise I'm not a pyro, at least as long as we're not talkign camp fires here :)

hehehe...

I saw the penny arcade article on THR and thought it was great, so I downloaded it, passed it around work, and then posted over here :)

Just for fun...I promise.

--Jim

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not going to lie but i don't know many people that would want to be on the "stunning" end of that 9mm. Bottom line, it'll get the job done just as good as .45acp.

Note: I'm pulling that trigger until the gun stops loading rounds into the chamber.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I don't prefer either but if a rich and eccentric long lost relative dies and names me his heir, and I must choose to never possess one or the other to get the inheritance, I would choose to never possess the Glock.

I think of a Glock like I think of a Ford. I may joke I hate them but I really don't. When you objectively compare Ford to whatever they're really not that bad, just like when you compare Glock to whatever they're not that bad. They're just not for me. I do like the Model 19 somewhat and the Models 30 and 36 still intrigue me.

If I had to get a Glock I'd get the 19.

I think of a 1911 like I think of a 4WD Crew Cab Silverado with the big engine and the heavy duty suspension and the skid plates and a big old brushguard and a winch and a headache rack and all sorts of toolboxes: It's something I'd like to have some day but I don't really need it and it's too much of a money sinkhole if you really wanted to get into it anyway. The cost of all the toys to go with it is just too great.

Just as I purchased a more reasonable truck, I may one day purchase a more reasonable 1911.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
both work. Funny comic though.

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
This argument has been played out many times.

The .45 won every time. :rofl:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
$345.00 "stun gun" I got the other day..YeeeeOUCH....with 2 Hi-caps and VERY BRIGHT Trijicons.. :biggrin: More to come very soon too lol :biggrin:
<waving the G19 toward Euc>
You know you want one, "Luke" (Euc) let yourself go, and feel the "force" run through you.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
All of you will one day join the dark side. Stop figthing it. You don't even have to give up your precious 45ACP. Glock 21 = 13+1 rounds of 45. Feel the power.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Dark side? or Tupperware pails?? :biggrin:
You're too funny JT :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
JT - That was great

"All of you will one day join the dark side. Stop figthing it. You don't even have to give up your precious 45ACP. Glock 21 = 13+1 rounds of 45. Feel the power."

Well you can beat your swords into plowshares & you can forge your Colt pistol into a really nice Bowie Knife but, you can only "injection mold" your GLOCK into plastic milk jugs. :rofl:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QK...

the only problem i see with that is you could say the same thing about my USPc :(

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Now why would I want to say anything about the USP C...I have one of those also :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I don't "want" one, it's like if I had to buy a Ford, I'd get an F150. I regard it as the best option in a line of products I don't want to buy anyway.

If I were to up and buy another service sized 9x19 chambered pistol for serious defensive use, I'd get a CZ or more likely another XD probably. I guess Glock is Ford and Springfield is Chevy in this case, and CZ is like Toyota or something.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I've got both a 1911 and a "plastic poodle-popper" (glock 19), can't say anything bad about either of them (other than the fact that Glocks are UGLY :biggrin: )

BTW: Love the comics, those are great.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
Dark side? or Tupperware pails?? :biggrin:
You're too funny JT :biggrin:
Or the Dark Tupperware Side? No, not scarey enough.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
QKShooter said:
Well you can beat your swords into plowshares & you can forge your Colt pistol into a really nice Bowie Knife but, you can only "injection mold" your GLOCK into plastic milk jugs.
Just try to strike down the Glock plastic (oops - I mean polymer), it will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts