·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Not the XL.

Reactions: j102 and 5lima30ret

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Don't have the XL, but I do have a Sig 365.
I bought the 365 as a potential replacement for Kahr PM9, obviously more capacity, but ...
I also wanted easier to shoot one hand, weak hand (my left).
The PM9 was carried in weak hand front pocket as a 2nd option (back-up) to Glock IWB.
365 is easier for me to shoot one hand weak hand and has 4 more bullets ("needed" or not).

In before one reads that & thinks, "Glad I don't live in a "bad area" or where a 2nd gun is "needed"
Neither do I.
;)😁

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I have a Sig P-365 standard model. With the 12 rd mag it easy pretty close to perfect for CCW for my purposes!

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Don't have the XL but have had the standard P365 since September/October of 2018. It is a great little gun to carry and shoots like a larger pistol. I'm sure the XL version is a great shooting pistol that is still easy to carry.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
XL fits my hand very well, shoots comfortably, accurately, and reliably. Yes, it's perfect for me. Did I mention I like it??

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
The OP said the Sig 365XL is "About same size as Kahr P9 but nearly double the ammo." I'll run the risk of being accused of nit picking, but I went to Genitron and copied a few stats on both guns:

Length - Sig 6.6 inches, Kahr 5.8 inches
Barrel - Sig 3.7 inches, Kahr 3.56 inches
Width - Sig 1.1 inches, Kahr 0.9 inches
Height - Sig 4.8 inches, Kahr 4.5 inches
Weight - Sig 20.7 oz., Kahr 16.9 inches
Capacity - Sig 13 rounds, Kahr 8 rounds
MSRP - Sig $680, Kahr $762

I would say the Sig is noticeably larger than the Kahr P9 in length, width, height and weight, and the capacity of the Sig is 5 rounds more but not double, which would be 8 rounds more. From a concealment standpoint I'd much rather have the Kahr.

I live in California and would love to buy a Sig 365, but the only way I can do it is to buy a used one for about $1,500 in a "private party transfer" at a gun dealer shop. The new Sig 365s cannot be sold in California by dealers because of the "California DOJ gun safety roster", even though they are available a few steps across the state line in Arizona, Nevada or Oregon for normal prices. And you can't buy one there and bring it into California because that is illegal unless you are law enforcement or actually moving your residence to CA. And forget that 12 round magazine, by the way. The used ones for sale for $1,500 are largely from LEOs who bought one out of state for MSRP, transferred it legally using their LEO privilege, and decided to sell it after firing 10 rounds through it, at the going $1,500 price here on the used market.

So I generally carry a Kahr P9 and learn to live with 8 round capacity. I also have a spare magazine, so don't feel too sorry for me. I did manage to score a CA CCW permit, after all.

Reactions: Wild Onion

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gosh I just love this little gun! Have to "get my finger prints on it" every time I go into a gun store.

About same size as Kahr P9 but nearly double the ammo.

Anyone have one?
I love my XL. Fits great in my hand and comfortable to shoot. Check out the Hogue Beavertail Grip for it. It makes it feel even better to the point it makes it hard to put down!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have both of them and they both are fine guns with slightly different profiles. Both are nice carry guns. I have the XL with the optic on it and the standard without optics. Just the way God intended it. I bought the XL with optics brand new but ran into the standard sized one used with 3 mags one day and had to have it.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I have the original P365....it does the job I bought it for, lightweight, SMALL, with great capacity. I shoot it well and carry it daily around the ranch.

When I go into the city, I carry my P320 compact in .357 Sig. I shoot it best of all my guns, [with the (HEAVY) P229 right there with it].

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
I've had my P365 since late 2018, but haven't tried out the XL yet.

I have big, but thin hands, and I find the 'standard' P365 with 12-rd mag is a great fit. I'm guessing the XL would be an even better fit, but getting a bigger gun would sort of be at cross-purposes with the ultra-compact point of the P365. I don't think the XL would buy me much over the M&P9C, but I'm still tempted to try one out.

The P365 is at the top of my list for a CCW! YMMV

Reactions: j102 and 5lima30ret

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
... but getting a bigger gun would sort of be at cross-purposes with the ultra-compact point of the P365. I don't think the XL would buy me much over the M&P9C, but I'm still tempted to try one out.
YMMV
I agree with this part of the post. I haven't even bought a "regular" 365 yet (yes, I've handled and shot one) because it's not much smaller than my Shield 9, but so much bigger than a Kahr CM9. If I'm gonna go for a true ultra-compact, size is the key -- not full-grip feel, not capacity; just size. I'm still not seeing anything anything smaller than the Kahr.

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
I agree with this part of the post. I haven't even bought a "regular" 365 yet (yes, I've handled and shot one) because it's not much smaller than my Shield 9, but so much bigger than a Kahr CM9. If I'm gonna go for a true ultra-compact, size is the key -- not full-grip feel, not capacity; just size. I'm still not seeing anything anything smaller than the Kahr.
I dunno about that, @Wavygravy , here's a comparison of my CM9 with the P365:

The Sig is 1/10" thicker, and weighs a couple ounces more, but they're nearly identical in size for all practical purposes. Here's some more detailed info:

If you swap out your CM9 for a P365, you will never notice the difference, unless you should find you need more than the Kahr's 6+1! I like the CM9 a lot, but the P365 has forced it into retirement. JMHO

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
The OP said the Sig 365XL is "About same size as Kahr P9 but nearly double the ammo." I'll run the risk of being accused of nit picking, but I went to Genitron and copied a few stats on both guns:

So I generally carry a Kahr P9 and learn to live with 8 round capacity. I also have a spare magazine, so don't feel too sorry for me. I did manage to score a CA CCW permit, after all.
Sig 365 (not XL) compares more favorably to the PM9:
Sig Sauer P365 vs Kahr PM9 size comparison | Handgun Hero

I have the PM9 and Sig 365, my wife has had a Kahr P9 for years.

Edit: @Kilowatt3 beat me to posting the link. Great minds, something, something.

Reactions: Kilowatt3

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gosh I just love this little gun! Have to "get my finger prints on it" every time I go into a gun store.

About same size as Kahr P9 but nearly double the ammo.

Anyone have one?
I love mine. I built mine off a P365 and just ordered the slide and grip module from SIG. I consider it the Browning Hi-Power Replacement, Almost. If they were to do that, SIG should make a 4" barrel/slide and extend the grip to accommodate a flat base 13 or 14 round magazine, with and without thumb safety. Provide the slide and grip module that works with the standard P365 FCU and I'd be a very happy shooter.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts