Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I Got Charge With This ORC 2917.11a1/Disordly Conduct But It Got Dimissed In 2011 But Before That I Was Charge With ORC 2917.11a2/Disordly Conduct And ORC 509.08b2/Loitering And That I Pled No Contest But Was Charge For It And That Was In 2010 They Gave Me Probation But Then The Case Was Dropped My Fine Is Only 317 Will This Effect My CCW Application? No Major Crimes And Will Court Fines Stop You From Getting It Too?

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
That's going to depends on your state. And is probably best answered by a lawyer who specializes in firearms issues.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Were any of these charges felonies?

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Laws vary from state to state. It will depend on what states these happened in and what state you are applying for a permit in. In most states Disorderly Conduct and Loitering are misdemeanor charges. Your best bet for the correct answer is to contact an attorney in your state about it.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
Two charges of disorderly conduct? In all honestly, maybe you should reconsider carrying a firearms or take a good hard look at your life style. good luck

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I hope you have made some life changes and "Grown Up',carrying a Firearm for SD is a huge responsibility/Liability,good luck

Reactions: jem102

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I am not a lawyer, but looking through the ORC it doesn't specifically list that as a prohibitive offense. This is a shall issue state, they have pretty clear cut guidelines. I'd suggest reading the revised code yourself, you can find it online. Or contact either the Buckeye Firearms Association or OFCC and see what guidance they can give you, or if they can point you to a firearms lawyer in your corner of the state.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not a lawyer, but looking through the ORC it doesn't specifically list that as a prohibitive offense. This is a shall issue state, they have pretty clear cut guidelines. I'd suggest reading the revised code yourself, you can find it online. Or contact either the Buckeye Firearms Association or OFCC and see what guidance they can give you, or if they can point you to a firearms lawyer in your corner of the state.

Okay I found out that i have 2 4th degree charges in 2010 and 1 minor misdemeanor im currently talking to a attorney now to get then off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts