Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
make you listen to Tourist, Bumper, QK and Deke sing as a barbershop quartet.
Dan - quick - think of our suffering - tell, tell, tell!!

BTW - got a new gun?? :biggrin: Just thought I'd ask!

·
Administrator
144,771 Posts
Dan! Dan? Dan!!! ~ Are You Here?

Tell us about this new mystery gun. :confused:
Maybe sometime before next month...maybe. :biggrin:

Concerning my singing...Trust me...you would rather listen to the mating sounds of multiple Baboons breeding.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
mating sounds of multiple Baboons breeding.
That good eh QK? :tongue: :biggrin:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well.....if you INSIST.
You may or may not know, I am a die hard 1911 fan. And prefer 5" at that. At the gunshow today, I made a couple of sales that I did very well at. Which is shocking, as apperently the guys who bought my stuff didnt bother to read my "please take advantage of me" t-shirt. Or my 'stick it to me' hat.
Anywho, I happened by a fellow who had a Kahr E9. New. Lovely gun. Never read a negative thing about the quality of Kahrs. Political and religious views may vary. I had shot one about 10 yrs ago and remembered it to be a very nice shooting pistol. So, I pick this one up and examine it. (examine being gunny for 'fiddled with'). Wow! What a great grip and perfect sight alignment with no effort. Dont know if all E9's are 2toned, but this is. Blued grip frame with a stainless slide.
And the trigger!! Rolls like a nicely tuned da revolver. No stacking and then crunching. Just a smooth, consistent roll. I love it. This will make a fine secondary arm to my 1911's or just a great primary for shorts and flip flops.
You guys that have an E9, please let me know how you like it and any particularities I should be aware of. A range report will be forthcoming after I burn a few hundred rounds through it.
......that is , if you'e interested.

thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
236 Posts
Deke warming up....la la la la la ... me me me me me :eek:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
No E9 Dan but - have not heard any bad.

I think now we need pics. By yesterday will do fine!!

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
It's the economy priced version of the Kahr K-9. I've handled one and it seems like a well built pistol.

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
QKShooter said:
Concerning my singing...Trust me...you would rather listen to the mating sounds of multiple Baboons breeding.
Hey we might be pretty good singing together, that's about what my singing voice would sound like.... :biggrin:

I like the Kahr lineup and will probably be what I wind up with for a backup gun when I finally get around to getting one. I will be looking forward to the range report, Dan. :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Dan - you did good with pix!!! Thank you. Indeed - a range report would be good when you get time to excercize the lil' beast!

·
Banned
693 Posts
First off, many people believe I have very pleasant pipes. At least I've never been accused of making baboons rut. However, it appears I have been the butt of some sporting humor, and as such, I've already ordered a skid-pallet of toilet paper and a water tanker truck to TP your houses.

And so with bruised ego, let me state my postion. Nice gun for a 9x19. It appears that the triggers have improved, even though they were pretty nice already for this type of DAO pistol. It is very difficult to catch your spleen on the extractor--not to mention any names, although his initials are 'Euc.'

I'm not tickled by your choice of a cheese knife. It looks like something one of my Corsican cousins would use on Velveeta. It almost looks like a kerambit. As your financial postion improves, see me.

Now, let me alone with my tears.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
''Pleasant pipes'' eh Tourist!! I spent a mortgage and a half - on my Rhineharts - I do like em but - I see them as another gun I never got! :tongue:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts