Defensive Carry banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Tourist,
you are most mistaken, that is not a Karambit, but simply a bottle opener. See the nice ring at the end of the handle. Hey, wait....this thing opens up - hey!!! theres a blade in here.

Ok, whatcha got, T?

Dan

·
Administrator
144,858 Posts
jdsumner

Oh...yer in big trouble now...Tourist don't cotton ta yer pertickler choice o' knife. :biggrin:

·
Banned
693 Posts
Jdsummer, nice to meet you.

At this stage of my life it's more "What do you need?" not "Whatcha got?"

I have common jackknives, automatics and fixed blades. Some I rely on every day, some I cannot figure out how to use or why they were invented.

For example, exactly what animal was the 505 Jefferies designed to kill? (Perhaps the owner by blunt trauma.)

QKS,

Naw, it's not that, exactly, as far as he's involved. (Unless we're yanking him, in that case, "What the flip were you thinking and where did you get those pants?)

I'm just not a bandwagon guy. I get into trouble all of the time because if I dis a product for my use, people falsely imply that I'm dissing it for their use, as well. Unless it's dangerous, YMMV. Then use the product.

A kerambit is hard to sharpen and of little use. My belief is that it's a craze, albeit an expensive craze. A year from now they will probably all be in drawers or on e-bay. (My opinion. For me. YMMV. This is a personal opinion. Paint it cammo. Wrap it in paracord. Sleep with it. Sell all of your knives and buy stock in the kerambit company. Gild it. Bead it. Braid it. Knotted. Polka dotted.)

Personally, I don't care for it.

(QKS, you tell me, besides a disclaimer, should I use signal flares?)

·
Administrator
144,858 Posts
Signal Flares

Signal Flares might not be such a good idea as they could possibly create "hot spots" on folks respective computer monitors.
Best just stick with the simple written disclaimer. :singing:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
T-man,
no harm, no foul. I practice (poorly) some Kenpo, and the ECK suits my limited styles. Plus, it opens dip cans perfectly. And yeah, there is a little gimick factor to it. It was a gift from my training partner and cousin, so it also has a little sentimental value to it. But the more I have implemented it, the more I like it. Sorta like pearl grips on a pistol. The old plastic grips worked fine, but, hey-some folks like to play dressup.

When I decide on my next shiv, I will most certainly seek your counsel. And I would rather support a forum member then buy from the mall.

Dan

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
:lol4: LOL.I've heard of "Rutting Season".for Deer, Elk, and Moose BUT never for singing Baboons!! Saw that Chimp on the news the other day, who smokes like a chimmney!!
Filter or non-filters.it doesn't matter to him! I'm wondering if QKS got him hooked.. <JUST KIDDING>
JD?? Either way NICE GUN YA GOT HERE!!..Hope it shoots as well as you expect it to.!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well as usual I'm late chiming in....glad on ya there jdsumner...nice looker, like a couple others I hadn't seen an E9 before...Kahr has good rep for it guns, you should be pleased with yours.....gotta agree though with some of the flap on the knife....darn that's weird lookin....looked like a cross between a parrot and a shrimp! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
693 Posts
Prospector,

I agree, there's nothing like the graceful lines of an Italian stiletto. Unless it's stiletto heels on some graceful lines...

I hate to bore you, but my most used knives fall into the 'tool' class. A Li'l Temperance, a BG-42 Buck 110, a SOG Tomcat and for a fixed blade, a Buck Big Sky 403B.

I have a few Pro Techs and one Microtech, of collector interest.

Rather than have a 'tactical,' I'd rather have an 'attack tickle,' if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Tourist....yep me too...most of my knives are in the "tool" class. The Gerber Mark I was the boot knive I carried with my survival equipment in the Navy. Others were primary for camping purposes. However, and you'll prob laugh at this, but when I was a little kid, there was a western TV series called Jim Bowie...at age 5 he became my hero....I started throwin and mostly breaking every knife I could get my hands on...by the time I was in High School, I could probably have joined a circus....I was pretty darned good out to 10 yrds....that would be my "attack" tickler...only problem would be "missing" ! LOL!! Haven't thrown in about 8 years, but could probably get the knack back. I never trained for up close and personal knife fighting....that's why I have the CCW now. :tongue:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts