1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here's a dumb question: If you are in Missouri, why do you run a board for Oklahoma? Just curious...

SSKC

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I'm an Okie, and weapons ownership and carry is politically more secure in Oklahoma than in many, many other states. Consequently, no one has felt the need to create a sort of information clearinghouse/member hangout. The downside to this is that many people in Oklahoma are unknowledgeable about many issues that could become problems.

For instance, the impetus for my starting the message board was my discovery that the Director of the Oklahoma Department of Corrections had sought & received an Attorney General Opinion taking advantage of a conflict in state law concerning concealed weapons permit holders and state prison parking lots. Contrary to the Intent and plain language of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, and agency policy itself, the Director and AG have (I can't help but believe) colluded to deny citizens & employees their right to defend themselves so that inmates may still be allowed to roam the parking lots of state prisons unsupervised.

In other words, a thug's 'Right to Roam' trumps a citizen's Right to Life.

See the message board for the details.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
hankrearden2005 said:
Check out my Oklahoma Carry board dealing with weapons issues unique to Oklahoma.
Be sure to take the "Related Links" link above (in the blue bar) and add your URL. :fing02:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll do it!

·
Registered
357 Posts
hankrearden2005 said:
Because I'm an Okie, and weapons ownership and carry is politically more secure in Oklahoma than in many, many other states. Consequently, no one has felt the need to create a sort of information clearinghouse/member hangout. The downside to this is that many people in Oklahoma are unknowledgeable about many issues that could become problems.
Well...good for you! It's always good to see someone step up to fill a need. Congratulations on a great attitude!

SSKC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts