Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, a friend of mine gave me some old ammo and I have a few questions and I hope someone here can share their wisdom with me.
#1 A box of "WINCHESTER WESTERN WWX 50 CENTER FIRE PISTOL_REVOLVER CARTRIDGES. X380AP, 380 AUTOMATIC 95 gr Full Metal Case." It says they were made by Olin Corporation, Winchester-Western Division, New Haven, CT. East Alton, IL 62024. The date 5/10/84 was written on the box.
Is this ammo safe to use, & does it have any value to a collector? I appreciate any info.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If it was kept dry, there's no reason it won't shoot.
As for collector value, I wouldn't know.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I've had ammo kept dry for 35+ years and it still goes boom.:yup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
That isn't that old.

If its been stored in a reasonable manner and looks good shoot it.
My husband just shot the last of the 1918 .303bristish ammo. It's time to open the NEW WWII dated stuff. This hunting season he is also firing up the last of the old 1950s .32 winchester special

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Yep, this comes up all the time.

As long as it's been stored properly, there won't be an issue.

I've shot lots of WWI and WWII surplus ammo, recently. I wasn't around for either war.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I've had ammo kept dry for 35+ years and it still goes boom.:yup:
Boy if that ain't old I don't know what is other than dirt. Come to think of it, and if i could find it....I've got some ammo that goes back into the 70's in 22lr and 45acp. I need to try shooting it just to make life interesting. I've cared for all of my ammo just like I have my guns. I figure they'll both work out when the time comes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts