Defensive Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the garage the other day and noticed a box under the work bench. I opened it and found it full of my old firearm magazine's dateing from 1975 through the 80s. I brought them into the house and started looking them over. Wow!! lots of changes over the years in prices and items some still being offered and many long gone and forgotten.

Here is a few examples of what I found. Shooting Times Nov.1977 Gun Test by Skeeter Skelton The new Double action Semiauto from Browing Price $319.95 in 9mm 38 super 45 acp. He said it was a pretty well made firearm but the price at $319.95 worked against it because the Browing high power his favorite was only $289.95 Anyone remember PistolerO from their Oct.1981 a story about the Remington 870 Shotgun Price about $350 Also a story about "Survive! Crime/Riots?Terrorism I found my lost collection of old Soldier of Fortune's So much really good reading in the older ones.

I also found and old Catalog for Northeast gun&supply co. Inc of Needham,Ma a Colt Goldcup went for $314.95 retail $249.83 Dealer. I have a old 1950 Stogers where a Colt Commader 45acp sell for $65 Oh man the good old days long gone.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S&W 4" 44 Mag

I bought a new S&W 4" 44 Mag for $140 in 1965 and that was a lot of money for a handgun then.:knockedout:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
My how times have changed. I wish I had held on to a load of shooting mag's I had thru 70's and 80's - but as usual, too much space taken up. I expect a dig might yield a few old ones but not the whole collection, sadly.

I remember my first shottie back in 1976 or so, which was a Spanish sxs non-eject, cost me around $200 equivalent - tho I did have work done on it to lengthen stock.

I'm sure my first M27 Smith (used) was probably less than that not long after.

·
Super Moderator
25,615 Posts
Well, just to drive the point.

One of the first pistols I bought was a match grade Browning medalist (.22). I paid all of about $70 for it. It came in a red velvet lined fitted box with a nice set of counter weights. If course the good news is I still have it! :smile:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
rstickle said:
Well, just to drive the point.

One of the first pistols I bought was a match grade Browning medalist (.22). I paid all of about $70 for it. It came in a red velvet lined fitted box with a nice set of counter weights. If course the good news is I still have it! :smile:

That demands a pic

·
Registered
940 Posts
The thing that kills me is adjusted for inflation how cheap most modern guns really are. My Sigs are a fraction of what my first one cost - and I looked up once what the 870 Magnum Deluxe sold for in the mid 50s when it came out (and mine was built): $140ish. Of course, it's a world of difference better on fit and finish, but damn - you can get NIB 870s with the same capacity and functionality for $189 in today's dollars on sale.

·
Administrator
144,499 Posts
A Good Deal

I remember a Going Out Of Business price on a Brand Spanking N.I.B. Colt Govt. Model at $219.00 & I bought it. :image035:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts