Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate leftists, I hate gun control talks by people who would disarm me and use cherry picked stats and hyperbole to do so. So I bought another G19 today just out of pure spite. And I bought it from an individual with NO BACKGROUND CHECK! :35:

What I was rewarded with was a 2004 made G19 and I realized something. The older guns have that old Teflon pan finish that is darn near indestructible and I swear, the finger grooves fit me differently and better in this one than my Gen 4. Unfortunately I can't compare them because my Gen 4 no longer has the grooves :image035:.

Another interesting factor is, the action seems smoother. I know, it probably isn't, but it sure seems the slide is easier to move and it seems to pick up rounds easier. Hard to explain, but trust me. My point, everyone wants "new or like new" Glocks. Screw that, I say give me a well used gun from the days of yore.

Rock on......:danceban:

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
hear, hear!

GeorgiaCarry

Reactions: smolck

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Pre 2008 Glock is best Glock.
Lacking MIM "enhancement"

Reactions: smolck

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard that about the Gen 3. I guess ignorance is bliss. I love my Gen 4!
Nothing wrong with a Gen 4, I've owned plenty of them. But for summertime carry, without an undershirt, the Gen 3's lack of texture makes for a much better carry experience. My Gen 4s rub me raw.

Pre 2008 Glock is best Glock.
Lacking MIM "enhancement"
Didn't know that, but I like it!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I hate leftists, I hate gun control talks by people who would disarm me and use cherry picked stats and hyperbole to do so. So I bought another G19 today just out of pure spite. And I bought it from an individual with NO BACKGROUND CHECK! :35:

What I was rewarded with was a 2004 made G19 and I realized something. The older guns have that old Teflon pan finish that is darn near indestructible and I swear, the finger grooves fit me differently and better in this one than my Gen 4. Unfortunately I can't compare them because my Gen 4 no longer has the grooves :image035:.
My Gen 3's finger grooves did not fit me well, so I sanded them down. The Gen 4's look like they might fit better.

(Best I have handled are the very restrained finger "grooves" of the Springfield XD Mod 2.)

Another interesting factor is, the action seems smoother. I know, it probably isn't, but it sure seems the slide is easier to move and it seems to pick up rounds easier. Hard to explain, but trust me.
simple classic guide rod & spring, vs. newer dual spring assembly.

My point, everyone wants "new or like new" Glocks. Screw that, I say give me a well used gun from the days of yore.

Use it enough, and (the brain working) your fingers gets used to it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Would you folks stop talking about G19's, your all going to make me want one. So stop it please (because I can't afford one right now).

Thanks for your cooperation (that I just know will be more enabling, oh well, such is life).

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
I like the older ones for range time but for competition shooting (IDPA) the larger mag release of the Gen4's is a Godsend.

Reactions: SnoMan97

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you folks stop talking about G19's, your all going to make me want one. So stop it please (because I can't afford one right now).

Thanks for your cooperation (that I just know will be more enabling, oh well, such is life).
If you're cool, you'll buy one anyways. Who needs money?

I like the older ones for range time but for competition shooting (IDPA) the larger mag release of the Gen4's is a Godsend.
No question the Gen 4 mag release is the best part of the "new" Glocks. I felt this way too, but Zev, ghost, and others make oversized mag releases if one so chooses.

Reactions: Stoveman

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

Another interesting factor is, the action seems smoother. I know, it probably isn't, but it sure seems the slide is easier to move and it seems to pick up rounds easier. Hard to explain, but trust me. My point, everyone wants "new or like new" Glocks. Screw that, I say give me a well used gun from the days of yore.

I have been looking high and low for a previous generation G19 myself. Not that I like them any better just looking for one that is well worn.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Older G19 = better G19
I agree.

For myself, as well, the earlier versions seem to fit better. I like a well-used, slick Gen2 G19.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I will never rid myself of my gen 3 Glock 19's. But I will be able to compare them with my new Gen 4 Glock 17's when I get the time to step out back with them.

·
Registered
506 Posts

I wouldn't speak much about it but here's my Gen 4 so you'll tire & lose your wanting on the G19.....ugly it is!!!.....:)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

The G19 is just (IMHO & YMMV) an appliance for shooting.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My G19 was new in 2000 and my G26 is vintage 2003. Gen3's with character and the old school finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
I want to love the Gen 3's but they just don't fit my hand as well as the Gen 4. Plus, as stated in an earlier post, I need the larger mag release. But I hate the new Gen 4 slide finish. The earlier gens had a much better finish on the slide. The early Gen 4's also have this teflon like finish. I had one but in a moment of stupidity I sold it. I finally found one again this past Saturday and promptly snatched it up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts