Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a thread yesterday about oldest firearms in our collections, I was intrigued at the variety and types of firearms some had!

It got me thinking about the oldest pistol in our collections we would trust with our life on a daily basis. I have some old ones but not all are reliable and accurate and most of what I have are "pocket pistols". Let's try and limit it to CC weapons!

My first would be a JP Sauer & Sohn 38H in 32 ACP made around 1940 for police service. It is a fine firearm, amazing technology so early on, cocking decocking lever, can carry cocked and locked or DA.

My second is a JP Sauer & Sohn old model 1913 32 ACP made around 1925. It is also a great piece. Don't like the safety but for its day WOW!

I wouldn't be thrilled to carry 32 as my primary but both of these shoot very well and the 38H is tremendous... For me to go up in caliber I have to move into the 70's & 80's...

Edited to add: Oldest pistol or revolver!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
The oldest one in my collection that I will carry is my Colt Det. Spcl., made in 1961.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a 1911 with a frame from 1918 (it has a WWII era slide) that was customized by Behlert. It feeds everything and is accurate enough that it makes me wonder why I "need" a match grade barrel in all of my newer guns.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
A early 80's S&W model 60 in 38 special, as you can tell I don't have many old guns in my collection. The oldest is a 30/30 made in the early 20's it was my grandfather's gun who passed it down to my dad who gave it to me and I will give it to my son along with all my guns. I was offered $500 for it and wouldn't take 4 times that!!

NCH

·
Super Moderator
22,139 Posts
It got me thinking about the oldest pistol in our collections we would trust with our life on a daily basis.
Pistol, I assume you mean semi-auto, or are you including revolvers?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pistol or Revolver! Revolver will get us earlier but there are some good ones!

·
Super Moderator
22,139 Posts
The oldest pistol I would carry is my 1913/M1911.

·
Registered
242 Posts
OD: speechless...... I want one just like yours :drool:
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a hand-me-down from my father, a Colt Army Special, 1920s I believe, in 38 spl that shoots great. I would carry it but since it can not safely shoot +P, I elect to not carry it.

·
Super Moderator
22,139 Posts
OD: speechless...... I want one just like yours :drool:
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Thank you Sir.

It wasn't nearly as nice when I first bought the pistol, the beautiful restoration was done by the late Bill Adair.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
A 1914 P-08 #matching - b'day surprise present from my wife in the mid 80s.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Dads old colt detective special, has not been carried by him in YEARS, sits in the safe mainly. Circa '60s, not 100% sure of when it was made.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
All of my pistols are (unfortunately) of recent manufacture, withing the last 4 years or so. I'd like to have some older pistols with historical/sentimental value, but even if I did I wouldn't cc them, as I would want them to pass to future generations.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
1985 Pre-B. Best trigger of any CZ I've ever handled!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Sad to say I don't own a old hand gun, I wished I did.

·
Registered
431 Posts
1962 Colt Cobra

1 - 20 of 65 Posts