Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've honestly got to know.

What is it with all these green guns that have sprung up in the past few years?

There are more of course.

Is the military requiring this color or something? I'd imagine police departments probably don't relish the idea of a green pistol standing out against their black or blue uniforms.

Dear God it's just ugly. No one buys a car in this color or paints their child's bedroom this color.

But seriously, as much as I support the idea that guns should come in some other color besides black, I'm surprised such a thing is being so well received. Maybe people are just tired of everything else.

But I don't know anyone who's buying them.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
You think the green is ugly, you should see the blue frames H&K is making. Uglier than the green (which I agree with you about) but supposed to be the rage in Europe. Like anyone cares about that. I think the green color is to make it easy to find when they lose one in the desert regions we are currently fighting in (Iraq & Afghanistan). Green would most certainly stand out, lol. :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I dont know but the Green blue and tan frames are just ugly ... black blue or stainless is what it should be nothing other than that

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'm just a died-in-the-wool (boring!) traditionalist! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
I Don't Own One

But I LIKE The Olive Drab Colored Guns!
I would not be too big on blue or red.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I think some of the Wilson Combat packages are SUPER nice looking. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Think this is bad? Check out Tanfoglio's multi colored Lady Force plastic frames - pink, red blue, white....GAH!

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
WHY are they colored olive drab?

The Answer Is Simple!

Camouflage....
To blend in with the money that you hafta fork over for them these days. :biggrin:

·
Registered
615 Posts
I suppose the gun manufacturer "marketeers" are trying to broaden the appeal a bit....last fall I started seeing Kimbers with what looked like splatters of pink or blue paint....suppose they're after the feminine persuasions....male & female????? :tongue:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I want a green glock 19. I just think it's something different and unique.

·
Banned
693 Posts
It ain't just guns, guys.

I just received a Darrel Ralph switchblade with a green handle and a mirror finished blade.

I hold in my hand the first (and hopefully only) "tactical pimp's knife."

Which begs to ask the question, if there is such a thing as a "tactical pimp" and he needs such a knife, does he also own a cammie Cadillac and a northwoods camo-pattern fur coat? Is his stable of women 'Ranger qualified'? Will he accept MRE's as payment? Is there a rap version of Barry Saddler's "Green Berets"?

If you know this guy, tell him that I have a great knife and pocketful of dicey junk jewelry at some great clearance prices. Just give me his '20' and tell him to pop some friendly smoke. And I want him to introduce me to Ciara.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know what's funny?

I ran into my local FFL this morning by sheer coincidence. He said if I could live with the color, he has XD40s for $490 with the 12 round magazines.

Tempting but if I were to bite I'd pay the extra $20 and get the black one... it'd be worth it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Euclidean said:
I ran into my local FFL this morning by sheer coincidence. He said if I could live with the color, he has XD40s for $490 with the 12 round magazines.
Compared with this doesn't seem like all that much of a deal.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32393995

Got my interest at this price, $399 + $19 shipping + $20 for my dealer = Pretty doggone good deal.

Might rather have the 5" though....in GREEN!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32394005

:silly:

Monty

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I found an XD40 Olive drab in 99% finish for 325.00 with everything (bx papers, extra 12 rnd mag, etc) for $325.00 They're selling around here for 479.00 new..........also seeing a TON of Green Glocks here...
(cough, spitting, yuk, fooie) "tax"...We're lucky here........NO tax :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts