Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O'lo Gun brothers & sisters. I reside in California but don't hold that against me =)

I long to carry CCW but since I reside in California and reside in more populated city instead of the outer burbs or rural counties it is extremely difficult to obtain a CCW in N. California unless you have an 'in' or know someone, etc.

My firearm caliber of choice is .45acp. I have 2 firearms. A Para Ordnance Warthog and Ruger P345. More than likely I will be picking up another .45 I have yet to narrow it down. It is between the 3.3" XDS or the newest Ruger 45 but I hear that a commander model might be in works so I might have to wait for sometime.

Approximately 5yrs ago our home was almost broken into. By the graces of God this drunk individual did not come thru the windows even though he tore up the screens to pieces. Left his socks hanging on the fence. His hand & feet prints were smeared all over our back door. They were smeared in mud from under our house of all places. We had rain for a good week or so - so our home collect the rain H2O until it can be pumped out. For some strange reason this man decided to crawl under our home and 'play in the mud ??'

The Police Officers were just as bewildered as we were. At first they thought it was the worst staged scene they ever saw. But just by the shear bizarreness of it all, it added up to either a drunk person or someone under the influence of an altering substance. The P.O. thought a drunk since a few blocks away is a small bar. I share this story since it was the catalysis that made me realize that I need something to protect my loved ones, my home, my property from any perp who might want to break into our home or try to harm one of my loved ones.

I am a Christian and the last thing I want to do is to take a life. I will defend my Loved ones with my life. I will never allow anyone to harm my loved ones if my capable hands and my .45's have anything to say about it. I look forward to glean further knowledge about CCW thru out the states. Thank you for taking the time to learn a little more about me. :wave:

May Peace be with you always,

Delphis

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Welcome from Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.......the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome from Memphis.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Enjoy the forum.................... :wave:

·
Registered
192 Posts
welcome from Georgia. sorry about the California thing, although Mendocino County is one of the most beautiful places i've been in this great country.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Welcome from So Cal!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts