Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Omaha for the weekend, and have never been. I read handgunlaws.com and it seems signs carry the weight of law.

Just curious as to the prevalence of posted places in general, or any other advice. (Or things to do!)

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
They must be in plain view at entrances, not that many of them, other than that the normal.

Question: If my place of business wants to prohibit concealed handguns, do signs have to be placed on the parking lots as well as the buildings?

Answer: Your business should post signs at all public entrances to your building. Permit holders who visit your business do not violate the law by leaving their concealed weapon in their vehicle while visiting your business even if you post your parking lot. It's a fairly friendly state but if a cop pulls you over you must disclose you are carrying (with the normal avoid the words "I have a gun" and go with "I have a CC permit and am carrying" Omaha used to be terrible in that you had to register the firearm in Omaha even if you had a NEB permit and that was the only one you could carry but that was struck down.

See other restrictions.

https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/vn...es|Concealed Carry Permits>>Conceal Carry FAQ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts