Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Ive seen things like this Before and i wonder if the bag Springfield sends there guns in is the same stuff..

I would never have a problem with pulling one out after a few years to see rust heck i have to pull them out to stroke them every few months and i check and reoil

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Looks like the bag contains a sheet of that ''anti-rust'' paper.... no maybe not as you can see thru a bit.

Perhaps tho same approach has been used to treat interior bag surface. That is quite impressive - and I'd imagine the day gun is packed away wants to be not too humid either.

With A/C in office (where safe is) and dessicant inside safe, yet to show color change - my blued stuff (knock on wood!) has done fine.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I keep my guns in zip lock bags. I also lube and wipe them down with CLP and use a gun rag from wally world. I tried dessicant bags but started to leave little spots on my pistols. I quit that practice.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The link doesnt work for me.

It is about as humid as it can get, here. I just use CLP on my blued guns. With the firearms in my apertment just gets air condishining, and I keep a jar of silicon in my gunsafe. It works just fine.

·
Administrator
143,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gregarat

I don't know what happened to that LINK. It was a live link & now...it still loads but, is real slow on my computer.
Maybe they are doing work on that site.

BROWNELL'S used to sell cans of this white powder. It was called VAPOR PHASE INHIBITOR & it worked really well.
You put a small amount in a Zip Loc Bag with your firearm & it created a "No Rust" atmosphere inside the bag. It did work.
I wonder if I have any left?

·
Administrator
143,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim_Linch

Oh...The Golden Rod. Yes, They do work very well. I have one also.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ya I think if my GF found a ziplock baggy full of white powder in my safe. She would get mad.

I can see it now.... " I swear honey, its not what you think! Its just a rust inhibitor,... honest!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts