Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The amount of spam, ads, and political solicitations I receive daily have diminished significantly in the last week or so.

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
I got one from N.J. Tuesday (B.S. phone call). I figure it's just a matter of time. Like the now tired statement: "never let a crisis go to waste". But, as to spam in my "in box", it's down a "little".

Reactions: OD* and OldChap

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
The amount of spam, ads, and political solicitations I receive daily have diminished significantly in the last week or so.
Hallelujah, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! Miracles never cease.
@MB53 I agree. I guess I'm weird, but I like Spam.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
I am still getting the Asian robocalls daily. I think they're in Chinese. I can't decide whether they are for some really great Chinese restaurant I should know about, or hot Asian hookers.

Reactions: OneGunTX and OD*

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
As a retired management consultant, what I am getting blasted with, ironically for this economic situation, is job offers. Mostly offers for six moths to a year projects, but also full time. If I wanted to move or travel, I would be in tall cotton. If I was interested in sales and account management I would be in tall cotton. And I am not talking about insurance sales or any kind of other cold-calling sales, I am talking about business-to-business industrial stuff.

I tell them all I only do work-from-home now and usually they go away. I have one now though, that at first said they wanted me onsite, and even though the client is only 20 min. from me, I said no. Then they came back and said maybe, and I said unless it is yes, my answer is no. Now they are back saying yeah, 100% work from home, no problems, so I said I was interested and we will see where it goes.

Where was all this before I was retired and couldn't find a project to save my backside? For all the economic gloom and doom out there, I am seeing a lot of opportunity. I completely understand that there are a lot people hurting in that regard. I empathize. I have been there myself. But I am not seeing it in my sector. I'd hate to think what it would be like if I was actively looking.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
It is great to see all these posts today pointing out all the bright sides to our situation.
That attitude is what will bring us back.
Those of us who can laugh and kick butt now will be the first to take advantage of the incredible economic opportunities that will come our way shortly.
That woes me type will be eating our dust.

·
Registered
34,024 Posts
There ain't no Spam at Publix either.

Reactions: OD*
1 - 11 of 11 Posts