Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Bud White said:
Ya know it was to bad the first time i go my permit 1 month and 12 days l...

I got my permit to carry before my buddy could get to see judge at friend of the court and we both filed for what we wanted the same day.

At the same time we car pooled down how sad is that you can get a permit in under 2 months but to get you stuff heard at FOC takes till december of same year...

We filed 1st Day of FEB
Here is KZOO it takes at least 45 days from date of file. It sucks cuz your training class is finished, you paid a buttload of money, got a nice rig set-up and you're all STOKED to start carrying and then WHAM! - you gotta wait 45 friggin days.

· Registered
275 Posts
Al Lowe said:
I wouldn't complain if I were you. From the date I filed my application with the Ingham County Clerk to the day I got my permit was 103 days. A little over 3 months. THAT is a long wait. And it's not the longest. I've talked to people in Wayne county who've waited over 6 months.

DANG, no doubt! :dead:

It seems, at least, that folks around here in KZOO are pretty receptive to the idea of civillian carry. The only hesitations I've received have been mainly from other college kids who, the majority at least, are in the process of finding themselves and what they believe in.

· Registered
275 Posts
Al Lowe said:
There's not all that much resistance to CCW here. I've yet to be disarmed during a traffic stop, and I've been stopped and questioned about 4 or 5 times. Either by DNR Police, Ingham County Sherrif, or Lansing PD. And in those times, only two asked to see my registration card for the gun I had.

That is really odd because no where in any of the CCW laws, in my training, or any website does it say anything about having to carry your Pistol Purchase Permit registration card. It only says to present a Michigan DL/ID and the CPL permit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.