Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty new to concealed carry and I'm looking at a couple of holster styles for my Beretta Nano.
I was checking out the offerings from Foxx Holsters and I see that they have 2 styles that might work for me.
They have their hybrid with two belt clips and the Little Foxx with one. I would think that the Little Foxx would probably be appropriate for a pistol as small as the Nano but the traditional hybrid style seems more solid to me. I am also looking at one from N82Tactical, which also has one clip. I was wondering which type you folks might prefer and why.

If it helps, I am 5'9" and pushing 250 lbs (body by Budwieser, lol) and I would like to be able to carry under an untucked polo shirt or something similar. I'm not sure if the Foxx holsters are tuckable but that's not my #1 criteria for this purchase.

I have a DeSantis Mini Scabbard for owb that has one belt loop, and that seems to be fairly secure when using a good belt. I would think the Little Foxx would be similar but I really don't have any experience to go on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have both the Foxx hybrid and the little fox I like the hybrid better for me, it distributed the weight better even when I carry my Shield, forget that I am carrying it. I wear polo shirt untucked all the time at work and no problem with t-shirts on the weekend.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I use a Galco IWB Tuck N' Go for my Kahr CM9 and it works well with one clip. If you can find one of these that fits the Nano I would recommend it. Only about $30.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I second two belt clips, it does make carrying more comfortable

Reactions: ccw9mm

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have both one and two clip models, not foxx, and I use both, the one clip is easier and faster to put on the belt and the two clip is,(for me), more secure and holds tighter to the body..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your input guys. You are confirming what I was thinking - that the 2 clip hybrid might be better, even for this little gun.

My selection has been narrowed to the hybrid and the N82 Tactical. I realize the the N82 has one clip as well, but it seems that the suede backing contributes to stability as well. Almost every review I've read about them includes the phrase "most comfortable holster I've ever owned." The only drawback I can see with the N82 is reholstering, but it looks like their Pro model might be better for that. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I plan on picking up a foxx or SHTF for my LCP in the near future with two clips my wife has a single clip model for her NAA gaurdian .32 bug and hardly ever uses it because it pivots and falls so low below the belt line she cant draw.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I am pretty new to concealed carry and I'm looking at a couple of holster styles for my Beretta Nano.
I was checking out the offerings from Foxx Holsters and I see that they have 2 styles that might work for me.
They have their hybrid with two belt clips and the Little Foxx with one. I would think that the Little Foxx would probably be appropriate for a pistol as small as the Nano but the traditional hybrid style seems more solid to me. I am also looking at one from N82Tactical, which also has one clip. I was wondering which type you folks might prefer and why.

If it helps, I am 5'9" and pushing 250 lbs (body by Budwieser, lol) and I would like to be able to carry under an untucked polo shirt or something similar. I'm not sure if the Foxx holsters are tuckable but that's not my #1 criteria for this purchase.

I have a DeSantis Mini Scabbard for owb that has one belt loop, and that seems to be fairly secure when using a good belt. I would think the Little Foxx would be similar but I really don't have any experience to go on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

I have a Nano, and I have both the FoxX hybrid (for my PPQ) and the Little FoxX for my Nano. The Little FoxX is OK if you want to Appendix carry. If you carry at the 4 to 5 O'clock position, go with the Hybrid (crossbreed style) holster, as it distributes the weight well, and is very comfortable.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I digress a little. I have a Galco Double Time (2 belt loops) and a Galco Triton for my Glocks 19 and 26.

I grab the Double Time when I need maximum concealment and minimum printing but for a quick run or if I have to take the gun off and in a lot, I grab the Triton and its singular plastic clip.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Little FoxX (only pic of it I have with the gun holstered and clearly visible)

FoxX hybrid:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just ordered the hybrid in all black. 39 bucks shipped seems like a heck of a deal, considering the reviews I've read. Thank you for your input gentlemen.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
I like my Remora, with NO clips. Just a very tacky outside surface holds it securely IWB. And cheap.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Which hybrid did you order? I carry my Glock in this: image.jpg it has 2 clips and is very comfortable.
I hope that yours serves you well. Can you post pics of what you ordered?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Most people viewed this because the word "clip" is in the title. They thought it was a good chance to correct someone, so they could feel like they accomplished something productive today.

Congratulations, losers!

:evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh::evillaugh:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Clipping is just dirty football IMO. :blink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a N82 tactical and I love it. Very Comfy. Never had a two clip so I can't speak on those. I'm glad to hear these local guys are getting some street cred. NC... The best state in the country.

Sent from blah blah blah....

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
With a quality belt, an IWB holster having one clip will work very well.
Once the belt is tightened, there is no where for the holster to move...at least not on my 'bulging body'.:image035:
I have never had one of my Fist holsters move at all. The clips are strong and keep the holster, with a good belt, tightly against the body.
Some holsters are designed with the clips on far ends of a wider holster, and they work well, I just prefer the single clip for the one hand, easy on/off process.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts