Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time this afternoon so I decided to take care of two customer service issues I have with my Kel Tec PF9 and my Taurus PT740. Both experiences, were umm unique? Now these are two brands that both have lifetime warranties but get bashed a lot of forums (this one and others). In my opinion, both guns are good concepts, but have some kinks to be worked out.

Kel Tec:

Problem: My stainless barrel is rusting badly and is getting worse, to the point that I'm nervous about firing it.

I called their CS 2 weeks ago, they said to mail it to them (just the barrel) with a brief note and they would fix or replace it. I did via USPS, gave them a couple weeks and called today to check up on it. Got a person quickly, told him my info, he checks the computer...."uhh, we didn't get it..."...yea, they (or USPS) lost it. I go on hold for about 5 minutes, a manager comes on and apologizes, he says they will send me a new one ASAP. I think they were pretty embarrassed by this and just wanted to make it go away! Whatever, it's fine with me if I get the new one. Given that it displeasure in FL, I'm guessing some pill junky stole it to use as a pipe to smoke his Roxies with...

Taurus:

Problem: My 740 has a front sight that keeps coming loose (front sight #2 already, the original one blew off on the range the second time I took the gun out) and after my last range use, the SA/DA gun now only will fire in DA with about a 15lb trigger pull and a .75" range of motion. The pull is so long and heavy that Bloomberg would say "damn, this sucks".

I called CS, explained the problem. They said they need the whole gun (as I expected), I was expecting the next thing to be "what is your email address so we can send you a shipping label?"

HAHAHAHA YEA RIGHT!

The CS rep says "we have DISCOUNTED shipping label available for $75"...I can't write my exact thoughts due to decency reasons but you can probably guess. I no way, I'll just sell it as is and pointed out that other brands pay for shipping, especially when the gun is 10 months old...I called Academy Sports where I bought it and they said they would send it in for me for free (I bought it there). I know Taurus is trying to fix it's image, why not start by bringing basic CS practices to the level of respected brands like S&W and Ruger?

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have an Academy around here but sounds like a good store that they would send the gun back for you for free,would be a place that would keep my business. That is terrible that Taurus does not do free shipping
They're a SE/SW chain, good store, very clean and organized. I was actually told by a clerk at the gun counter recently that they are rumored to be dropping Taurus soon though, the major deals on Taurus guns recently would give credibility to this (709 for $300).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.