Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
33,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my left knee replaced yesterday. The Doc said the damage was worse than the x-ray showed and no amount of bondo or buffing would have fixed it. He said the new parts fit like they were specially made for me (they were ordered from the Steve Austin body part replacement catalog) and surgery went well. So far the meds are keeping pain at bay but a bourbon infusion may be in the making.

Right knee will be replaced Friday. Because I had both done together, it was recommended I go to acute care for a week to recover and PT, so I will.

I'm surprised the hospital wifi allowed access the the site but it did. Christmas cards will go out as soon as I get home. (It's the drugs...) :santaclaus:

·
Registered
93 Posts
So happy things are going well for you OldVet... And may you continue to have a good experience with your other knee...I will continue to pray for you to have a very successful recovery and PT (which does work wonders) Let us know how everything goes

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Good for you!

Thanks for the update and best wishes ...

... even if the drugs wear off and I won't really be receiving an OldVet Christmas card.

The only thing worse than a crotchety OldVet is a bionic crotchety OldVet.

Watch out!

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Prayers sent your way and here's hoping someone...anyone...will see one of the magical Christmas Cards! :smiley2::undecided::xpb_smash::grin::cheesy:

Seriously...get well soon brother.

·
Registered
33,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good for you!

Thanks for the update and best wishes ...

... even if the drugs wear off and I won't really be receiving an OldVet Christmas card.

The only thing worse than a crotchety OldVet is a bionic crotchety OldVet.

Watch out!
So far only two nurses have quit because they were told no one else could call in sick. Both of them joined the French Foreign Legion, claiming it would be easier. My doc took off his scrubs and donned a gold robe and is selling paper flowers at the front door. I don't know what is up with that.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I see your in good hands :wink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
So far only two nurses have quit because they were told no one else could call in sick. Both of them joined the French Foreign Legion, claiming it would be easier. My doc took off his scrubs and donned a gold robe and is selling paper flowers at the front door. I don't know what is up with that.
Don't piss off the nurses.
They will send nurse Ratchett in to give you a sponge bath.

·
Registered
33,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
33,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Nurses have a strange sense of humor. When I had to have rotator cuff surgery, I was brought a great looking lunch of chicken fried steak and gravy. Only problem being I couldn't move either arm - right one all trussed up, left one full of IV's and Pulse-Ox equipment.

So I just gnawed! :embarassed:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts