Defensive Carry banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
33,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Glad to see you still have your sense of humor and are in good spirits.
Good spirits are in really short supply currently. Something about them not playing well with the drugs.

·
Registered
33,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Heal up quick and don't allow those pain/happy pills to put you in too good of a mood, you may lose your place as our curmudgeon.
Not likely to happen. I was supposed to move to acute card today, but all the admin stuff didn't get complete in time.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hang in there, Barry.

I have an elderly neighbor (55 or something.... :tongue:); he didn't take the PT seriously and has still not made a full recovery after 5 years.

Seriously, suck it up and do the PT! :drillsergeant:

And best wishes for a speedy and full recovery! :3a:

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Good spirits are in really short supply currently. Something about them not playing well with the drugs.
I believe the label says alcohol enhances the effects so drink away and you'll heal quicker! :danceban:

Reactions: OldVet

·
Super Moderator
23,213 Posts
Well, make sure they understand the importance of your mental health too. PT is well and fine, but so are intellectual pursuits like The Price is Right.

Work hard - you’ll be rewarded.

·
Registered
33,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Bad day so far

Couldnt get discharged Mon. due to no bed at acute care. No biggie. Legs felt goog Mon pm.

Today was discharged and bed avail atAC. Had ache in left calf and not feeling well. PT about killed me, pin shot up and got weak. Had to get back in bed.

Then what never happened before, I felt a wave of mental breakdown rolling over me and I broke. No stopping it. It was like standing on the tracks as the train is running at you.

Discharge is on hold pending results of ultrasound and CRT for signs of clots. The med tech circus is about to begin. Gotta run.

Reactions: airslot and OD*

·
Super Moderator
21,912 Posts
Couldnt get discharged Mon. due to no bed at acute care. No biggie. Legs felt goog Mon pm.

Today was discharged and bed avail atAC. Had ache in left calf and not feeling well. PT about killed me, pin shot up and got weak. Had to get back in bed.

Then what never happened before, I felt a wave of mental breakdown rolling over me and I broke. No stopping it. It was like standing on the tracks as the train is running at you.

Discharge is on hold pending results of ultrasound and CRT for signs of clots. The med tech circus is about to begin. Gotta run.
Praying for you, Barry.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts

Getting them both done at the same time takes some grit. Hang in there, pardner!

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts

I've been there myself. Was a side effect of the pain meds. Talk to the docs and see if there's an alternative. Hard to focus on PT when your mind is someplace else.

Hang in there.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
having 2 knees done ain't like having 2 molars pulled.
Takes more time to heal, do what they say. Grin & bear it. :embarassed:
They know best and for now, you have to listen.
Hang in there & soon this will pass.
Thank God they didn't mess up your wrist so you couldn't address & sign Christmas card mailing!!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts