Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
As an individual we loose, as a group we win.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Don't know if confiscation will go exactly the way it is presented in this scenario. I do believe that it will be a slow, methodical evolution, with continued erosion of our 2A rights to a point that we will mirror Britain's example of gun control.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
The government doesn't want to go door-to-door and confiscate guns. They know that would cause a revolt and bloodshed.

They want people to "willingly" turn them in peacefully.

By making you an outlaw with a stroke of a pen, they believe that you will "willingly" turn over your firearms.

Silly people.

Reactions: StormRhydr

·
Registered
935 Posts
I see a simpler way of doing it, the laws get passed then a high dollar amount to turn in your neighbor, and of course the letters stating that you bought said items, and what has become of them will be used, along with searches.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
If you've purchased a weapon from an FFL, then the NSA already knows what you've got. If you've purchased ammo over the internet, they know what you've got.

And there are silly people on Defensive Carry who think that we have more freedoms today than during the 1770's.

There are also silly people on Defensive Carry who believe that there is nothing wrong with NSA or government intrusion into our lives.

I'll say it straight up: They are fakes and phonies when it comes to upholding freedom and liberty.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I've heard of people who buy and sell land for a living. They form corporations and partnerships that do the purchasing/selling.

Sometimes they deed pieces off to friends, family and other companies. Heck, I imagine that it's difficult to keep track of all of those parcels over time.

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
Confiscation is nothing new. One only has to look as far as England or Australia to see how it is done.

One of the things that they do is make it illegal to defend ones self with deadly force. They'll spend more time and money prosecuting someone that defended themselves than they would on the person that caused it. Its out of balance and out of control.

Tyrants don't care about your ability to defend yourselves or you loved ones, they just care about you not shooting their sorry asses for getting stupid.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
What currently keeps the government in check is the military truly believing in their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. Without the support of the military the government can not seize the citizen's firearms.
Some will uphold their oath, but others will not. Relying on that oath to protect us is a bit naive....People will be people no matter what...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Some will uphold their oath, but others will not. Relying on that oath to protect us is a bit naive....People will be people no matter what...
If the military decides to support the government in taking our firearms, than we loose. If you think the few that would acutally actively resist could stand up against the might of the US military you are fooling yourself.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
If the military decides to support the government in taking our firearms, than we loose. If you think the few that would acutally actively resist could stand up against the might of the US military you are fooling yourself.
First, you have totally missed the point of my post. Second, if they really wanted our guns and had the means to do so, I think they would have done it already, you fail to realize the number of gun owners in this country. There is a reason that they are trying to nickel and dime us...

Reactions: Ghost1958

·
Banned
894 Posts
If you've purchased a weapon from an FFL, then the NSA already knows what you've got. If you've purchased ammo over the internet, they know what you've got.

And there are silly people on Defensive Carry who think that we have more freedoms today than during the 1770's.

There are also silly people on Defensive Carry who believe that there is nothing wrong with NSA or government intrusion into our lives.

I'll say it straight up: They are fakes and phonies when it comes to upholding freedom and liberty.
Women's Rights in the United States in the 1700s - WriteWork
In the mid to late 1700's, the women of the United States of America had practically no rights. When they were married, the men represented the family, and the woman could not do anything without consulting the men.
Religion in Colonial America: Trends, Regulations, and Beliefs | Give Bigotry No Sanction - Exploring Religious Freedom - Facing History and Ourselves
Most attempted to enforce strict religious observance. Laws mandated that everyone attend a house of worship and pay taxes that funded the salaries of ministers. Eight of the thirteen British colonies had official, or “established,” churches, and in those colonies dissenters who sought to practice or proselytize a different version of Christianity or a non-Christian faith were sometimes persecuted.
Completing the American Revolution
In the various colonies the wealthy merchant class introduced property qualifications for voting in order to disenfranchise the poor and protect their own privileges:

Some of the "fakes and phonies" have served and been injured or killed in the service of the U.S. They may be wrong, they may just see the world differently than you do, but they are not fakes or phonies. And name calling doesn't accomplish anything. The good old days you seem to refer to didn't really exist. Good times appear, then fade, then reappear. And the definition of "good times" has changed as the country expanded, became educated and wealthy.
Herbert Hoover, the name of a folk hero, has an interesting real history. Joe Mc Carthy is seen by some as a real hero. Abuses have always been present, govt has always been attempting to grow more powerful, politicians always seem to retire wealthy. Now, we see it more frequently thanks to technology, and can communicate about it.

Reactions: Pistology

·
Registered
276 Posts
If a total ban were implemented this seems like a very possible scenario. I would not expect them to be knocking down doors with swat teams right away. It would render my weapons unusable for fear of being caught. Unless I lived in a very remote location.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Ducmonster hit on it. Fear. Its the bottom line in the whole gun rights battle. That they have not been able to instill that fear in enough yet is what stops their plans.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Interesting scenario, and maybe an accurate future peek. 60+ years of watching the government at work from the local to national level has shown me one thing: our government is bloated, incompetent, ineffectual and lazy. WE assign to the Federal government a level of power they know is down right impossible for them to wield. Look at Fast and Furious to prove my point: bloated, incompetent, ineffectual and lazy. A more accurate scenario reads like this: the IRS schedules an appointment to audit you and when the time arrives, you go to the appointment. Three days later the BATF raid your house without a warrant. Two agencies can not possibly coordinate with each other on such a simple task as "scheduling". BATF will ransack your house, no scanning, no digging, no turning over the spa (they forgot the necessary equipment), but they did shoot your pet poodle.

The government can not handle massive amounts of data either. Coalating data from thousands of sources even with computers is a massive task and then getting that information thru layers of power hungry but basically self-centered, rung climbing incompetent desk jockeys to any actual "action" type employee is a monumental task in its self. I have suggested this before and I do so again: deluge them in information, overwhelm them in the cascade and fill it with misinformation, disinformation and misdirection. Buy more guns, encourage your friends to buy more guns, buy stock in gun companies, get a job at a gun company (machine shop, LGS, ect) join the NRA, go to pro-gun rallies, attend gun shows, take your friends, pay cash for EVERYTHING, go to 7-11 and get three pre-paid cellphones and speak your mind on them, you know what to do about your IP address, deluge them..........When the time comes that our government attempts disarmament it will be a disaster for both the government and us (the people) and much blood will be shed. Pray that day does not come......................................

OH, and read this (unregistered lowers? from build parties) . Right now there is someone behind a government desk getting an ulcer: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/ffl-dealer-discussion/171115-machine-shop-build-party-07-ffl-itar.html

·
Registered
344 Posts
Confiscation is nothing new. One only has to look as far as England or Australia to see how it is done.

One of the things that they do is make it illegal to defend ones self with deadly force. They'll spend more time and money prosecuting someone that defended themselves than they would on the person that caused it. Its out of balance and out of control.

Tyrants don't care about your ability to defend yourselves or you loved ones, they just care about you not shooting their sorry asses for getting stupid.
This is how it will come to be within the next 30 years or sooner if our form of government and "America" even lasts that long. Sure they will never get all of your guns but if you use them is self defense you will be locked up for 30 years. At some point guns may only be good for a "Revolution" it has happened before.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts