Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Some Glocks have identical slides and the same holster will work, but I would not want one Glock to be tight and the other loose. OMO

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use the same SERPA paddle from Academy Sports for my G17, G26, G27, and G22.

Dirty

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Well, here's how it usually works with the kydex holsters for Glocks. If the holster is an open muzzle type, then usually all three sizes of the 9mm, 40S&W, 357sig will fit. (Generally but less likely with leather). If you have a holster made specifically for the G23, then more than likely your G27 will fit, but the fit for a G22 not as likely. See where this is headed now? I have a Mitch Rosen upper limit (OWB) holster made for the G27 and it's leather and ultra high ride. My G23 won't fit. I have a DeSantis Scorpion IWB (kydex) that my G17, G19, G23 and G27 all fit. I have a Galco SkyOps holster I bought specifically for my G19/G23 EDC...leather IWB and it's open muzzle. My G27 will fit, but the excess holster below the muzzle will cave in and may end up pushing up on the baby Glock depending on body position, end maybe more so while seated. The G17 would also fit the SkyOps holster, but the muzzle and front sight will be below and outside the holster, and the front sight may snag on the holster during the draw.
Will my 22 and 27 fit in a Serpa style holster made for a 23?
You seem to be taking the middle ground here, and that makes sense. I'm not familiar with the Serpa holsters nor the retention devices associated with them or where they index on the pistol. If I were you, I would contact the specific vendor you're ordering from to make sure.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a Serpa that I bought for my G23 and it works for both my G27 and G22 with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts