Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's an online ammo seller than ships handgun ammo into NY? I see target sports has good prices but Idk if they ship go NY and sgammo has good price and they say they don't ship into NY

·
Registered
81 Posts
Under the NYS SAFE Act online purchases of ammo from across state lines is a no go. That also includes in state.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
If you buy ammo online it has to be shipped to a FFL. Maybe your local gun store will accept the delivery for a small fee.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Not true.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/
They ship anywhere except NYC.
As do others.
The ammo portion of the SAFE Act was never implemented.
When was the last time you or anybody else in NY was able to buy ammo online? I used to have it shipped to my friends house on Long Island, Nassau County, but the NYS Safe Act stopped dealers from shipping to NY.---Sturgis

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
When was the last time you or anybody else in NY was able to buy ammo online? I used to have it shipped to my friends house on Long Island, Nassau County, but the NYS Safe Act stopped dealers from shipping to NY.---Sturgis
3 weeks ago.
Had it shipped to a friend in Nassau.
Why not call the company and ask?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would like to no the real answer. Haven't found a ammo online source that will ship to my address in Niagara Falls NY.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Lots of companies want nothing to do with NY. just because they do not want to deal with our confusing laws, even though it is legal to do so.
For example Midway would not ship me a 10 round mag for my LC9 but Ruger did.
Bottom line---Call the website that I linked and see what they say.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Not true.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/
They ship anywhere except NYC.
As do others.
The ammo portion of the SAFE Act was never implemented.
Interesting. My understanding was that the background check for ammunition sales was not implemented - yet - because the database doesn't exist. However, the ban on internet sales WAS in effect. Meaning if a NY resident bought ammo online, it had to get shipped to a FFL for in-person transfer.

If this site will still ship directly to customers in NY State - that is interesting indeed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts