Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am scheduling myself and the wife for a few classes to which we are going to go through some decent amounts of ammo. Do any of you purchase ammo online and if so from what outfits.

~A

I have looked at:

CTD who has free shipping on orders topping $150
ammo-man who also has free shipping on all orders.

I have been suggested to check out the followign but when I did the shipping becomes a nightmare.

Natchez
Outdoor Marksman
Wholesale Hunter
Bass Pro
Midway USA
Ammunitionstore
Cabela's

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem is I am looking for a deal on .45 230gr FMJ and there are no deals to be had that beats WWWB from Wally World.

~A

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you considered reloading?
I am old and slow and have problems with arthritis and I still can crank out 200 to 300 in an hour with a Dillon 650. If you are young and in good health you should be able to do about 800 in an hour for probably way less than half of what you will pay for ready made ammo.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
silvercorvette, yeah the wife and I are looking to reload on a 650 as well. Thing is I need the ammo kinda like right now. We will be getting a reloader in teh very near future.

~A

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I have ordered bulk .223 from ammoman.com and they shipped fast. I've ordered stuff from cheaperthandirt.com, and they were also speedy and painless.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is the difference in weight. that makes the .45 purchases so much more spendy. Thanks for the info everyone.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Ive heard good things about ammo man .. Never ordered from there as i reload CTD from what ive read and heard and be a 50/50 crap shoot ..

·
Registered
940 Posts
APachon said:
I think it is the difference in weight. that makes the .45 purchases so much more spendy. Thanks for the info everyone.
Where you're located, try J&G in AZ - shipping should be negligble.

You're in the same boat I am for shipping ammo - all the 'good' deals that people tell me about are in Ohio or wherever and they don't discount you bulk quantities of ammo.

Ammoman is good as well - had nothing but good experiences with them.

You may also be able to talk to your local gun shop and arrange to purchase a case or more through them as an order for a nominal fee above wholesale. Bangers and RSR have non-existent shipping charges for ammo, and last I checked with either that adds up to savings pretty quick even if you give the shop an extra $20 per case.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rfurtkamp, do you have a URL or ph# for J&G in AZ? I have talked with 2 dealers and they are not really receptive to the idea.

~A

·
Registered
940 Posts
APachon said:
rfurtkamp, do you have a URL or ph# for J&G in AZ? I have talked with 2 dealers and they are not really receptive to the idea.
It's http://www.jgsales.com

I'd also try sportsmansguide.com ironically - they have a flat ammo shipping deal that's saved me some $$$ on occasion.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rfurtkamp, I got a killer deal on 2k rds on .45. Thank you.

~A

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
rfurtkamp said:
It's http://www.jgsales.com

I'd also try sportsmansguide.com ironically - they have a flat ammo shipping deal that's saved me some $$$ on occasion.
J&G in Prescott, AZ is a good place for buying ammunition and guns. Large stock, great prices. I bought an AK47, an SKS and several thousand rounds of ammunition there. They are good people.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My next purchase will be with J&G. I just ordered 5k rounds this passed monday so I am good for a bit.

~A

1 - 14 of 14 Posts