Defensive Carry banner

have you ever bought from an online auction ?

• yes

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 20 40.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you ever bought from an online auction ?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
yep lots of stuff gun and none gun related.\

Ebay for some

Also bought 2 colts gunbroker not something i do often but couldn't resist price

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
yep, ebay and gunbroker.

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Yes For Many Many Years

Since Feb of 1998

Gunbroker & Ebay

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Ebay yes, GunBroker no.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I meant guns..sorry

wondered if anybody had had any bad experiences

I know they have to ship it to your local FFL holder but I was wondering if you were stuck with it if it was misrepresented

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Snowshoes said:
I meant guns..sorry

wondered if anybody had had any bad experiences

I know they have to ship it to your local FFL holder but I was wondering if you were stuck with it if it was misrepresented
Only the 2 Colts and all worked out well

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not many but used BG some ways back - I think actually I got my P95 from there, and a Mini-14. That's about all there.

I have tho aquired many thru folks selling on THR over the years. No bum deals at all as such - just that my (late) P12-45 was when I got it playing up with extraction - it took me ages to realize it was needing a new/better extractor - duh!

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I've never bought a gun online, but I did sell one. Didn't I Chris?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've brokered six figure NFA deals for a particular local client who likes to remain anonymous to the purchaser, all online.

None have gone badly.

Neither have any of the online orders we've done for the shop, save a single order from a clueless outlet in California who sent us a registered LEO only full-auto M16 by mistake instead of the Colt semi for a local officer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anybody have any regrets about online deals ?

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Risk

There is always some risk buying anyting without having it directly in front of you and "in hand"
Check the seller feedback profile & if there is an inspection period offered.

You might want to think about contacting forum member CLASS3NH if there is a specific firearm that you're seriously looking for as he can "function check' it out for you first...& he knows his firearms. I personally would trust him to pick a firearm for me.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
but I did sell one. Didn't I Chris?
Indeed Bob - and very satisfactory deal Sir :smilez:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I've bought and sold a ton of parts, accsy's , and $300-700 knives. Purchased two guns, off GB- both fine transactions- though I confess one was a "cheat": the seller was local, I was two weeks from payday, so I sent him an email, asking that if it didn't sell, would he keep me in mind, for a possible FTF. Worked out, he posted a Buy It Now, and was willing to wait. Perfect deal on a mint Seecamp! ($330, too!!:image035: )

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Too late, you changed the game after I voted! :smilez:

I've bought a lot of things from online auctions (eBay and OnSale-no longer around). Only a couple of these items were gun related. No purchase of guns from any online auctions to date however.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I've lucked out and have several successful online transactions to include a few Gunbroker, Auction Arms and gun forum-initiated transactions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LenS said:
Too late, you changed the game after I voted! :smilez:
silly me..I just figured this being a gun forum that gun auctions wouldn't have to be specified:9:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts