Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to choose one pistol (either civilian or not) to defend your home with, which would it be?

For me, I would choose a FNFiveSeven, 20 round mags, High Velocity and AP rounds just in case.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
ill pick the one i have on me at the time i need to repell boarders , what eaver is in hand is the best possible tool imho

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Then why your screen name???????????

One of my 5" Colt's with my 20(or so) 8 shot mags fully loaded with 230gr. XTP's. Have shot several of those FN's and they don't get me the least bit horney. Especially with those "spray & pray" mags.-------

·
Registered
835 Posts

If I really had to choose only one, and it had to be a pistol, I'd probably go with something like this, with a few dozen 30rd mags...

Good thing I don't have to choose!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
10mm is the way to go

One pistol...

It'd have to be my favorite one, my Megastar 10mm, coupla 14 rnd mags loaded with Hydrashocks. 29 rounds of these things will keep anything at bay.:image035:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
No FN here thx! - but would happily stick with my carry 226 - it is on me all day and every day, in the house or not - and within very easy reach night times.

·
Banned
318 Posts
How dare you try and make me choose between one of my "children".:gah:

Okay well..hmmmm......I'll go with a dash of realism and say my 226 in 9mm.

As that's what I got now, at the ready.

However if it's my pick a stainless 226 in .357Sig.

But then again there's either of my 2 1911's...sigh.

I just can't decide.:aargh4:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
One pistol for HD? Speaking generally a 4" .357 revolver.

Of the handguns I own, my 2.75" Ruger Speed Six.

Of the GUNS I own, Winchester pump 12g.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Of all the hand guns I have owned in the past I would have to say.....if I could only pick one.....a glock 17 with night sights. Easily manueverable, 17 rd mags, long enough barrel to be accurate, and I feel confident with 9mm hollowpoints in hand.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Handgun=GLOCK 17 with Trijicon night sights,Surefire X200, and maybe a CT laser grip. 17+1 of either Hydrashoks, Gold Dots, Rangers, or Hornady TAP FPD. I'll be getting a 17 after I get a Kahr PM9.

Shottie=Remington 870 18.5" Wingmaster, rifle sights, extented mag, Mesa Tac side saddel, Knoxx Compstock. 7+1 of Remington 00 buck in the tube and 4 Rem 1oz Sluggers on the side. I finished build this one up several months ago. It's just about perfect, only lacking a Surefire forearm.

Rifle=A Colt 1020 AR in select-fire. Plus many goodies like VLTOR modstock and battlegrip, Trijicon ACOG, some form of Surefire light.

Get all three together and I'd be set for life.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
One pistol?

I have two hands........:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My current fav is my Sig GSR 1911. 45acp, accurate, reliable, good trigger, nightsights, heavy enough for follow up shots.

Now if I could have ANY psitol, a full auto, like a micro Uzi or Corbay M11. With a suppressor (that way I wouldn't wake up the wife, kid and pets :image035: ).

·
1951 - 2011
496 Posts
Hello. Probably one or the other of these two.

They're usually close to hand, but IF I knew "it" was coming and couldn't get away or call a SWAT team or use a long gun, I'd probably go with this STI 9mm Long Slide. This is the easiest 9mm I've ever used when it comes to shooting fast and straight.

Felt recoil is extremely light in this gun even with +P ammo and the pistol's never failed to feed anything I've loaded in it or malfunctioned in several thousand rounds.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Handgun, let's see...

...must defend self, property, and family. Check.

...must kill anything that walks, breathes, or crawls, since I only get one. Check.

...must be something I already own. Check.

Now if they ever shunt my Form 1 from "Pending" to "Approved", I'll have to pick another one as the stock will go on it immediately.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Easy,Sig P226 9mm

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd stick with my every day cary glock 27. It is reliable and it goes bang when I pull the trigger. I have spare mags on hand as well. If I can't fend someone off with this then I have really pissed someone off and I've got bigger problems!!!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'd go with my HK USPf .40. It is by far the best pistol I've ever shot and is an easy choice for me.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Only one huh? I'd probably go with either a 4" double action .357 or one of the Ruger Blackhawk .357's that had the spare cylinder for 9mm

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Only 1 would be a AR pistol. Hi cap and plenty of penetration.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Other than an AR pistol (which I don't own) my G19 with the 141 rounds already in the mags.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts