1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Officer on Toilet Accidentally Fires Gun
Associated Press (Yahoo) ^ | April 21, 2005

Posted on 04/21/2005

SAN ANTONIO - This is one story they'll be telling around the San Antonio Police Department for a long time. An off-duty officer was at a San Antonio auto auction house yesterday when nature called, a police spokesman said.

Officer Craig Clancy strolled to the appropriate facility and was lowering his trousers when his pistol fell from his waistband. When Clancy fumbled for the falling firearm, it went off, twice.

One of the bullets nicked a bit of floor tile into the leg of a man who was washing his hands nearby. That man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Police internal affairs is investigating.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yikes! :eek:

That's why I always say: if a gun drops, let it. Most guns are drop-safe, and a few little cosmetic dings are nothing compared to shooting body parts off.

One of the bullets nicked a bit of floor tile into the leg of a man who was washing his hands nearby. That man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Not to mention the incident probably caused him to clear his bowels again. :boggled:

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
The Tourist said:
You just had to say this, didn't you.
I was thinking he was in the right place, and probably the right postition, when he $h1t!! :fing02:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
What's this? What's this? Do we have word filters in place and it's moderators running around it? Spanks for you! :spankme:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
rstickle said:
I was thinking he was in the right place, and probably the right postition, when he $h1t!! :fing02:
Bad, moderator, bad! :wink:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
And some more for good measure! :spankme:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Betty said:
And some more for good measure! :spankme:
I would have done that, too, Betty but didn't want to touch his be-hind. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Good Story

I could see how a person could sure cause way bigger problems by grabbing for a falling firearm than just letting it hit the ground.
That is something that I am going to have to work on because I seem to instinctively grab for anything that falls.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Betty, Bumper

Betty said:
What's this? What's this? Do we have word filters in place and it's moderators running around it? Spanks for you! :spankme:
That's what I get for trying to keep it clean AND get the point across! :biggrin:

I actually belong to a very "private" Yahoo group where doing something like that can get you kicked off or suspended. Sometimes it's a real release to be able to spell things out! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's been a long time since I fumbled a firearm, but I use knives frequently when working, for yardwork, whittling, tromping through the woods, etc. I have learned (yes, through bitter experience) when one slips through my fingers, leap back & let it fall! If I keep fingers & toes clear, all that's usually required is a wipedown; if the blade smacks onto a concrete floor ... oh, well! Still cheaper than ER services!

·
Registered
143 Posts
That guy will NEVER live this down. But atleast the ragging won't be as severe as if he had shot himself. Can you imagine what it would be like if he shot himself?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts