Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took a drive up to the mountains and since we went opposite the Grizzly bears I left the GP100 at home and open carried the S&W model 10 instead.

I discovered that despite its current bobbed hammer configuration it still locks into the old duty holster just as well as with a hammer but, it draws even smoother than before.

I have used this holster enough and it functions just like my old duty holster that I find a thumbsnap and a push forward to clear the gun a very natural and smooth draw.

Poor gun has had at least 6 different grips on it as I try to nail down a favorite. This old style Pachmayr is the best I have found to date. This old two piece small size presentation is no longer made and now the only presentation grip they make is huge for my hands like the old S&W target style grips and its a poorly made clamshell style vs the much higher quality of these "old" Pachmayr grips.
I liked the Uncle Mike combat too size wise but, its nice to lose the finger grooves.

The best thing about these is the angle as it exactly replicates my pointing a finger with a closed fist so if I lay my trigger finger along the cylinder and just point at something as if the gun wasn't there I can nail what ever I am shooting at.
I wish I could find this same grip in wood but, these are grippy even with sweaty hands so they are practical if not exactly nice looking and they take the banging around of open carry better than wood does.

Was nice to open carry for a change of pace.
The old 4" model 10 in my humble opinion is just one of the nicest carry options I have ever owned.

Hope your Sunday is a good one.

·
Super Moderator
16,872 Posts
The Model-10 is a tried and true workhorse in any capacity, carry on and enjoy.

Reactions: hogdaddy

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I too think the Pachmayr Presentation Small is the ideal grip in both K/ L & N frame sizes, plus the Security/Service-Six Rugers.

My Model 10 factory DAO and department marked is an identical twin to yours at the moment.

Reactions: hogdaddy

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Great gun, bet it shoots great too ; )
H/D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts