Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little back ground, I have been carrying concealed for a little over 10yrs now. Got my permit when I turned 21. For those 10yrs, I have never OC'd. Well I got a part-time job where I can carry. I had to stop by the bank Saturday. I walked in OC'ing, waited in line, deposited my check and left without a hitch. While I was in line they kept saying code 1, I don't know what that means. So my first time OC'ing was at a bank :) This bank use to have a no firearm sign at the door, but it's gone now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not the place I would OC for the first time, but nice job!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I bet you got excellent service, too!:rofl:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
A little back ground, I have been carrying concealed for a little over 10yrs now. Got my permit when I turned 21. For those 10yrs, I have never OC'd. Well I got a part-time job where I can carry. I had to stop by the bank Saturday. I walked in OC'ing, waited in line, deposited my check and left without a hitch. While I was in line they kept saying code 1, I don't know what that means. So my first time OC'ing was at a bank :) This bank use to have a no firearm sign at the door, but it's gone now.
And you didn't ask? :image035:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Well done. Seems like your first time went well.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Great experience.

The day I got my permit and firearm, the first place I CC'ed was the bank.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
The code 1. What did you observe going on around you while this was going on if anything?

I go to the same branch location of my bank 90% of the time and always CC inside (when I need money orders..otherwise I drive up). One of the male employees that's obviously supervisory in some capacity unknown to me, always seems to get itchy when I'm in there when he's out and about. A couple of weeks ago, he was busy with a contractor for the drive thru tubes (Diebold or something), and I got a chance to check him out while he was occupied with that ordeal, and I'm now betting he carries. Thing is, at this bank location I always seem to raise suspicion since at a mere 6'1" tall, I tend to seem out of place since I don't think anyone in that bank is over 5'4".

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds like it went well. Hope it stays up!

·
Registered
806 Posts
We can't Carry at all into a bank in KY. Must be nice!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've seen on our local news in La Crosse, WI that they ask people not to wear hoods and sunglasses when they walk into a bank...and i think maybe a few other things...but it never listed guns! I think a few local guys said they have OCed into a bank before...I haven't. But I don't go to the bank often anyhow. In WI you have to keep your gun unloaded and encased while in a vehicle...so unless I'm gonna be shopping for a while, I might not even bring a gun with me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts