Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So us Georgians cant carry in SC :( but ive noticed that Black Powder is exempt from the gun laws can you OC it??

SECTION 16-23-210. Definitions.

(f) “Antique firearm” means any firearm not designed or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

·
Registered
158 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the only way you can open carry in SC is during the process of hunting or fishing.

I've done it once whilst fishing.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
According to OpenCarry.org SC is a non permissive OC state. They also do not honor non-resident permits. So since your from GA it appears your out of luck.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no im not talking about a gun, im talking about black powder which isnt a gun under federal law or SC law

this: \/

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
According to OpenCarry.org SC is a non permissive OC state. They also do not honor non-resident permits. So since your from GA it appears your out of luck.
Just to expound on that part, I believe that what that means is, they do not honor permits from a state other than the state that the permit holder is a citizen of. In other words, if you live in GA and have a Utah non-resident permit, SC does not honor the Utah non-resident permit. I live in Tennessee and have a Tennessee HCP and SC does indeed honor my permit. But looking at Handgunlaw.us, it appears that GA and SC do not have a reciprocity agreement at this time. So the OP is indeed out of luck as far as carrying in SC.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, SC's not really progressive when it comes to reciprocity because the powers that be feel training needs to be the equivalent of what we go through in SC... if it's not, then there's no reciprocity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts