Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open carrier Mark Hughes went from being a peaceful participant in the Dallas BLM assembly to the most wanted man in America in the matter of minutes, after DPD and the media broadcast his picture as a suspect during the hunt for the active shooter.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Intentionally holding yourself out as an armed person among a sea of seeming unarmed people has very limited benefits. Everyone qualifies good and bad in different ways but if the bad outweigh the good in just about every situation, I am going to err on the side of not partaking in the activity. Like I said though, everyone is different.

·
Registered
306 Posts
He was "guilty" of being openly armed. That is enough for POPO to put out a nationwide man hunt for him?

I'm openly armed as we speak. At an FOE for a poker run bike ride. I guess I better hope there's no shooting or the POPO may mistake me for the suspect.

"I miss America"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hopefully the two will realize after they cool down why the police were being so careful. If not they may be too self centered to look at the whole picture. They have unrealistic expectations when it was still so close to the time police offices were being murdered.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
While OC of a long gun is perfectly legal in Texas, doing so at a "peaceful" demonstration isn't necessarily the smartest thing to do!
Now he has his lawyer saying he is traumatized by being singled out. O please.
He wanted to be confrontational, now he has it!

Texas PC 46.02 Long gun and black powder weapon (including handgun) open carry is not forbidden by law, unless in a manner "calculated to cause alarm."

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Attending a BLM protest is risky based on the organizations previous history of violence and property destruction and the overall anti-police, anti-law and order anti-white message of most of the protesters. Specifically that police are "hunting black people" (not true).

Taking your AR-15 to said protest is simply stupid....if violence breaks out......did the guy have the right to take his AR....Yes. Did he risk being accidentally shot in the situation that broke out? Yes. Is he a complete idiot? Yes.

The shooter in Dallas was a member of The New Black Panther Party. (confirmed today). These violent criminals are known to show up at all of these racial based protests and are bent on killing white police and white people in general....these guys are the complete scum of the earth and no doubt will start trouble at every chance they get....if you don't realize this obvious fact....you assume the risk.

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Has anyone considered the possibility that he was intentionally trying to attract attention? I'm not saying it was intentional, but the possibility of being detained even without the shooting was decent. It is very possible this was done to try and provoke a response.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Any time I hear/see/read about people who carry openly for the sake for showing they can (like the idiots who take their AR15s to the mall and hope a cop will stop them to chat), I think of the 21 y.o. who goes out for their first legal drink and does whatever they can to make sure everyone SEES them having their beer.

Immature, among many other descriptors.

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Oh God, not this debate again.

The horse is not only dead, it's been beat into sub-atomic particles.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
All in good fun...fortunately, the debate rages on...good to have passion on both sides.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It's ok to exercise your right to open carry but dang this could have ended very badly. I think for myself I would pick a different time to exercise my rights.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Attending a BLM protest is risky based on the organizations previous history of violence and property destruction and the overall anti-police, anti-law and order anti-white message of most of the protesters. Specifically that police are "hunting black people" (not true).

Taking your AR-15 to said protest is simply stupid....if violence breaks out......did the guy have the right to take his AR....Yes. Did he risk being accidentally shot in the situation that broke out? Yes. Is he a complete idiot? Yes.

The shooter in Dallas was a member of The New Black Panther Party. (confirmed today). These violent criminals are known to show up at all of these racial based protests and are bent on killing white police and white people in general....these guys are the complete scum of the earth and no doubt will start trouble at every chance they get....if you don't realize this obvious fact....you assume the risk.
Sure that's it. That explains why he turned in his firearm and helped, cooperated with, and joked and laughed with police.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How come we don't have WLM?

How come we don't have the New White Panther Party?

No wait... we are civilized. Never mind. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts