1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
This is a horrible situation. I have been torn between a desire for the cities to defund the cops and let the cities live with the consequences when the criminal gangs that take over AND my sympathy for the departments trying to maintain law & order and actively recruiting new officers in the face of an environment of low pay, being targeted for the badge and tossed under the bus by politicians when they have to defend themselves.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Bunch of savages!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Supervisor : officer who shot the fireworks at you

Officer : I do not know sir

Supervisor: pick some one

Officer : sir ?

Supervisor: pick some one !

Officer : that's him sir

Supervisor: officers bring me that man

BG : I didn't do anything !

Supervisor: "whispers" you know who did we will talk later

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I don't know what to say about this except it has to stop.

How to stop it is the question.

God protect our law enforcement community.
A few shotgun blasts should be a start.. Just MY Opinion ; )
H/D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Supervisor : officer who shot the fireworks at you

Officer : I do not know sir

Supervisor: pick some one

Officer : sir ?

Supervisor: pick some one !

Officer : that's him sir

Supervisor: officers bring me that man

BG : I didn't do anything !

Supervisor: "whispers" you know who did we will talk later
Can there be a felony attempted murder?

·
Premium Member
33,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know what to say about this except it has to stop.

How to stop it is the question.

God protect our law enforcement community.
Making cops' lives matter again would be a good start.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I've been energized to be a little more active in supporting our local LEOs recently.

• I've written emails to the local police department expressing my appreciation and support.
  • I've written emails to the Mayor and local city commissioners condemning defund requests and encouraging greater funding for our LEO's. "The answer to bad policing is more officers and more training, which requires more funding." (We don't have bad policing to my knowledge, but let's nip this defund nonsense in the bud.)
  • I've written an email to our Governor expressing support for our Highway Patrol and LEO's.
  • I've put a Thin Blue Line sticker on the truck (despite my better half's concern that it may be mistaken for a White Supremacy sticker. WTF?)
  • I've purchased a bunch of gift cards to a locally-owned/operated coffee shop. I keep a few in my shirt pocket. Now, when I go out to run an errand, I track down police officers, thank for them for their service, and force them to accept a coffee from a grateful citizen.
I plan on advocating for stronger penalties for resisting arrest and for assaulting a first responder (LEO, EMT, Fire Dept).

All small steps, but I think we need to let our LEO's know that we appreciate them. LEO morale is hurting at present. I think we need to let our governments know we won't tolerate anything less than their full support of our LEO's. Vote accordingly.

I'm open to additional ideas.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Reducing charges will not help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts