Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for PM9 holsters, but most of the pics are dead links.

I have been carrying everything from a custom 1911s to Glocks in shoulder holsters, OWB and even ankle holsters. However, I have gotten to the point I leave my gun at home for too often just because I don’t feel like wearing a jacket or vest, and the ankle draw just doesn’t seem to be very effective. No to mention the fact I wear shorts all summer.

I have never carried IWB because I was concerned about comfort, and I’m not really into small guns. I got a wild hair and bought a KAHR PM9 the other day, so I’m looking for opinions on IWB holsters. I’m thinking about appendix carry, but I’m not limited to that. I don’t tuck my shirt, but most of my shirts wouldn’t cover an OWB very well.

So far I like the C-TAC, and the Tuck This II. Although, I have read the Tuck This II is not comfortable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I carry my Kahr PM40 in a Tuck This II. I don't find it to be uncomfortable and I like that it makes it very easy to carry a spare mag. I keep 5+1 loaded with the 6 rounder in the holster. You could also consider pocket carry. I carry the PM40 in a Nemisis on occasion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm thinking I will pick a pocket holster up as well. Since I wear cargo shorts all summer long I have plenty of pockets. I even saw a cargo pants pocket holster the other day that would work quite well.

·
Banned
116 Posts
I've got a C-Tac, the tuck model. Its a very good retention and draw holster but is a bit uncomfortable and bulkier than it needs to be. Also its clip is just too noticeable for my paranoid tastes. I've also got a JS Leather pocket holster. Nice looking holster, prints like a (huge) wallet, but terrible draw from many types of pants.

I've got a cheap blackhawk IWB polyster. This works great when you don't need a tuck.

I finally found my tuck solution, the Galco leather tuck and go. The label says its for P9 and other models but it works great with PM9. It rides very low and adds very little perceptible bulge to the belt line. Its tuck clip keeps your shirt tucked against the holster, so you just tuck, blouse and forget about it. The J-clip rides under the belt and is barely noticeable. Very clean draws even with a thin, weak belt.

I've also ordered a size 3 uncle mike's pocket holster, heard good things about this very cheap pocket holster (I spent like $65 on that JS grr).

·
Registered
199 Posts
I love my SuperTuck. It has molded to my body and is super comfortable. They also make an appendix carry version.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I carry mine in a simple Uncle Mikes IWB. Super soft and comfortable, moisture resistant, its perfect IMO.

·
Registered
288 Posts
For pocket holsters, try:
Graham's Custom Gun Leather

Really impressive pocket holsters for the Kahr PM9. There is one that holds a spare magazine and works great in cargo shorts.

I don't regularly carry a spare magazine with my full size auto, but with my PM9 I feel more comfortable with a spare.

Good luck and remember the 200 round break in period with the PM9. It's a totally different gun after 180 rounds.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Crosbreed Mini-Tuck for the PM9...very comfortable, quick shipping!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boooyah, I just ordered the Crossbreed Mini-tuck, but keep the suggestions coming as I'm not one to buy just one holster. Thanks for the reply so far.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Check out the Kahr forum on GlockTalk. There are a number of threads on holsters for the PM9. I have several, including IWB, OWB, pocket and shoulder. Also, I have a customer elephant skin one for IWB (tuckable) from Little Bear Holsters. Many, many options out there (Wild Bill, Grandfather Oak, High Noon, Crossbreed, Bear Claw, Mernickle, and many others).

·
Registered
909 Posts
I carry my MK9 appendix in a High Noon Mr. Softy and the wife wears hers cross draw in Down Under w/ Clip.

The Mr. Softy is very reasonable with quick turn around. No sweat shield is why the wife got the Down Under.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a PM9 I carry in the 1:30 position OWB in a U.S. High ride from Rusty Sherrick, it is my most comfortable carry combination. I have too much around the middle (still) to comfortably carry AIWB, but find this is just as concealable.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I IWB carry my PM9 in a Littlebear, it is very comfortable. I just ordered an IWB from SideGuard that will fit my PM9 with a Crimson Trace Laser. I also have a Desantis for pocket carry, but I find IWB with the PM9 more comfortable than pocket carry with shorts or jeans. The only time I pocket carry is in the winter when it might take too long to get under all the layers to get at a IWB holster

·
Registered
990 Posts
PagerPal holster

I use the Pagerpal holster when I carry my Kahr PM9. It's very comfortable for me and is deep concealment. Never have to worry about reaching for something and having my firearm exposed. I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use the Pagerpal holster when I carry my Kahr PM9. It's very comfortable for me and is deep concealment. Never have to worry about reaching for something and having my firearm exposed. I like it.

Do they even make pagers anymore? I would think this would be a dead give-a-way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like that idea, but I would want it to be compatible with my cell phone holster or something.

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If you plan to carry and wear the gun for extended periods of time nothing beats the Crossbreed holsters. I have a Mini Tuck for my PM 9with CT Laserguard. Several quality makers make holsters for these handguns. I have a clip draw mounted on this gun for around the house pocket carry and it does not interfer with holstering at all. The Mini Tuck is a bit more involved putting it on and taking it off than some other clip style IWB holsters but the Crossbreeds are unsurpassed with long term carry comfort IMO. I have around 30 holsters of many different styles and makes so I know comfort when I feel it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts