Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey DC friends...

Trying to find a good shotgun for home defense thats not gonna put us in the soup kitchen lines (although i bet id get my soup first). Ive been mulling over the 870, Mossberg 590A1, Benelli Supernova, and now the Charles Daly Special Purpose Home Defense Shotgun.

I've seen/read a TON of info and reviews of all except the Charles Daly products. Can anyone offer opinions about their reliability with bird/buck shot or other pros and cons? :scratchchin:

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you want to go cheep check out the NEF Pardner Protector. IMHO the quality is much better and it has alot of parts (like stocks) that interchange with the 870. For extended tubes contact gun connection in SC.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I second liljake, and also suggest Mossberg (even their maverik line) before the charles daly.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I third it!

I have a Charles Daly and I love it. It has been a good shot gun, although you have no options such as a pistol grip stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I prefer the Hawk 982 but I also have a CD Tactical that has everything you could want on a shotgun. It has been a good shotgun so far.

Nice LPA style GRS & rail mount
5+1 Capacity & 7+1 with tube extension
Nice Benelli style PG stock & looks good too
Side sling mounts in front & back
Chrome lined barrel
Thick aluminum receiver
Takes Rem chokes

The finish on the tube extension matches much better in person.

GC

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
As you may know Charles Daly is basically just and importer and seller of firearms, they do not make anything. Their shotguns are made in Turkey, which generally has a good rep and a long history of making shotguns.

Here is a short list of where CD guns are made

Shotguns-Turkey

Pistols
Steel frame 1911-A1 pistols are manufactured in the Philippines (Armscor).

Polymer frame 1911 pistols are manufactured Israel.

Rifles
Our Cowboy Long Guns are manufactured in Italy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where do I get Tube Extender???

I prefer the Hawk 982 but I also have a CD Tactical that has everything you could want on a shotgun. It has been a good shotgun so far.

Chrome lined barrel
Thick aluminum receiver
Takes Rem chokes

GC
Where Do I get Mag tube extender like one in picture?? Brand/Model number

·
Registered
887 Posts
My experience with Charles Daly has been exceptionally good. Having shot both, I would take a Charles Daly 1911 over a Colt, and that says a lot.

I haven't had the privilege of shooting one of their shotguns, but I'm sure they're quality guns. And with them being out of business now, I don't think you can go wrong with one, as an investment or otherwise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm gonna bet that in the OP has probably made a decision on which Shotgun to purchase already....since it has been 15 months since he made the original post.

I have to commend people for at least using the search function to find the old dead threads before making a new one!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Chrome lined barrel
Thick aluminum receiver
Takes Rem chokes

GC
Where did you get that tube extension?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts